DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wow! What a truck!

4K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  aparini 
#1 ·
I picked up my Longhorn yesterday and I'm in love again. What a beautiful machine with so many nice features. I guess you can tell I'm a happy guy!

Longhorn, CC, 5'7 bed, 8 sp, air suspension, Rambox, 3.55 rear (did double check and it is the one I ordered), anti-spin, rw defroster, w-t-w side step and convenience group. It was ordered on 4/22, built in 6/1, arrived at the dealership on 6/26 and picked up yesterday. The reason I didn't pick it up sooner was that we had to leave on vacation on 6/27 and we got back on 7/7.

It is everything I was hoping for and then some. The only flaw I found thus far was scratches on the lid of one of the Ramboxes. Was a little disappointed about that but they have ordered a replacement lid and it will be replaced shortly. It was a long wait (including waiting for the 8 sp to become available) but I think it was worth the wait!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the Copperhead Club! Beautiful truck...really love the contrasting interior colors. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#9 ·
I thought about getting the 6 speed because I didn't want to wait, but I'm glad I did. Once I test drove the 8 I knew I had to have it-it makes a world of difference in terms of power availability.

#13 ·
Very nice Im so jealous. My next vehicle will be another Ram and it will not be a express. Im liking what I see on yours. hahaha

#14 ·
Wow that's an awesome truck. I'd have bought that truck myself if I could have found one. Sadly, I had no luck, and am doing the waiting game on a 2014. Great pics too. Thanks for the perspective on the 8 speed. I was thinking about taking one of the available 6 speeds but decided I should wait and get exactly what I wanted. Option wise that is, I still didn't get the color I'd have liked.

#15 ·
Wow that's an awesome truck. I'd have bought that truck myself if I could have found one. Sadly, I had no luck, and am doing the waiting game on a 2014. Great pics too. Thanks for the perspective on the 8 speed. I was thinking about taking one of the available 6 speeds but decided I should wait and get exactly what I wanted. Option wise that is, I still didn't get the color I'd have liked.
I compromised on color as well. I like the white, but its not my favorite. I also would have preferred a front bench seat but they all I could find at 7 different dealers was the center console.

#26 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your kind comments on my truck. I was a little concerned about the color when I ordered, thinking it might be too orange, but when I saw it I knew it was perfect for me. The interior is perfect as well.

Still going thru the learning curve but everything seems to be working as designed.

The many comments and suggestions posted on this site helped me greatly in getting exactly what I wanted. Again thank you all!

#31 ·
Me too! That might be the best interior color combination out there. I should have shown my wife photos of this interior before I bought my Big Horn. She might have splurged for the Laramie Longhorn. :wow:

#33 ·
Well my first answer is too much but I guess it really isn't too much or I would not have bought it. The MSRP was $54495. I got it for $47510 before taxes and fees (which included a $1750 rebate). I tried to get it for less and held out for a few days but the dealer wouldn't budge. It is a supply and demand business and the supply was very tight when I ordered it.

Of course I'm still happy with my decision and I think it will remain that way unless something major happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.