DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best performance chip for 05 Hemi

21K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Zxalfiezx 
#1 ·
So ladies and gentlemen, which performance chip is the best for my 05 Hemi. Which one gives me the most BANG for my bucks??:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Some debate here between the superchip and the diablo predator. How much are you looking to tear into the engine? if you want to do a cam/heads then the predator hands down. For basic tuning (CAI & exhaust) then either the superchip or predator. The predator has more options than the superchip so you can change tire diameter to re-spec your odo/spedometer not to mention about 29 other variables, even advance timing or shift points (not recommended except for advanced users though)

G
#3 ·
I'd suggest the Predator. While stock, you still have quite a few programming options to use.

If you modify your engine, the flexibility of the Predator to utilize custom tunes outshines most of the other programmers out there.

And, if you have a DiabloSport authorized CMR tuner in your area, a custom tune on a dyno is a fantastic upgrade. And the tool can store this tune + up to 4 additional tunes.

So in this case, you can buy one programmer and use it for all conditions!

#5 ·
the predator an superchips come with 3 canned tunes..for 87, towing, 91 octane gas.. and the predator can have a 4th tune which is a custom done by a cmr tuner..

#8 ·
Diablo is the choice for the 05. Good canned tunes with option for custom tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.