DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mopar Coffee and Cars Meet in Houston

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  kutect 
#1 ·
There is a Mopar GTG called Houston Coffee and Cars hosted by Space City LX Modern Mopar. This looks like it is a great gtg but I sort of have a beef with it. This what was on there link:

Membership in Space City LX is limited to the following vehicles:

Chrysler 300

Dodge Charger

Dodge Magnum

Dodge Challenger

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

As an owner of one of the above vehicles, we invite you join the Houston Modern Mopar scene. Become a member today. Visit spacecitylx.com/join and register, it's free!

Ok, so that's all well and good but my beef is, if you're going to use the brand "Mopar" you'd better inlcude everything Mopar. Why exclude the trucks and many other vehicles. This sounds like snobbyness to me. Of course this is my opinion. We could go up there and have our own GTG off to the side somewhere and just bee spectators to the main event. So, check out there link, http://www.spacecitylx.com/
It's pretty early and short, 8am - 10am. So what do you all think? If ya'll want to rally up, let me know and I'll start an official list for us.
Thanks Kutect for doing the research on this.

See less See more
#5 ·
It's on the southbound side of 610 just north of the Galleria Area. If coming from the north headed south on 610, you will need to take the Memorial/Woodway exit. Go down about a block and you will see a development called Uptown Park. The show will toward the back left corner of that park.

#4 ·
I have a similar issue with my local club ALX, and I talked to some of them, and most have no issues with other mopars showing up, just be polite and don't make a big beef of it. Yes, there are some LX people out there who are snobbish, but some people are just like that and you have to deal.

#9 ·
Just a little clarification here. SpaceCity LX does not HOST the event, it has been around for a long while. next part of the name for the "club" (the LX) is the reason why the group consist mostly of the charger, 300, magnum, challenger (though not technically an LX) but the group is not limited to just the LX body car, i.e. the Grand Cherokee SRT's, among a couple Ram's and classic Mopars that I have seen.

Just because a group has a "preference" for their requirements does not make them "snobby" :smileup:

see y'all at the cars and coffee saturday...strip center between uptown park blvd and post oak

#10 ·
Houston already has a truck club,srt4 club, viper club, 2006 spacecity "LX" was formed for those with an LX. I'm fortunate to own an 07lx and a 09ds. I've Taken my ram to events and never was given "snobby" looks air or attitude. Many of us own moe than 1 mopar and the second are not all LX's.

Second, the Houston C&C committee hosts this event every month, spacecity joins the along with countless of other snobby owners to enjoy a good Saturday morning. U can park with us if u like, no hard feelings taken, but don't consider us Snobby.

#20 ·
The meet was a success. Kutect, Airborn3, fuzzicali, and myself were out and had a good time. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. During this meet, Kutect and I were speaking about the seriousness of getting a Ram Group started. When going to various car shows/meets, I'm, going to share that attention to the thread that has already been started about a Ram Club for Houston and its surrounding areas. Maybee this will beegin to attract more members for participation.There were not that many trucks there, so if we can get this club started, we would have the chance to make a bold statement.

#21 ·
Here are some Pics from today. Had a great time and I agree with Bee, we need to get the Houston Rams represented at these shows. I'd be willing to help with the coordination if ya want it Bee. I'll PM ya my cell #.

All three of us under a nice shade tree

Nice Dodge Dually

Matching Golf Cart

Nice Supercharged Charger

Porsche 911 with LS1 Vette engine crammed in it

And it has a supercharger on it

#22 · (Edited)
Yeah. Give me a shout Airborn3. I saw your idea about the Coffee place and/or Don Juan's Mexican Food Restaurant over in Cypress. I'm good for it. We can try to make this our next meet. Kutect is in the Cypress area so I'm pretty sure he will bee open for it.

#23 ·
Yeah, let me know, but next weekend is no good for me, other than that, i should be open. Goood to see you guys, it was fun!!! There is a few videos already on youtube, but not much yet, wait a few more days people should be posting more on youtube for Aug month of the coffee and cars!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.