DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#724 ·
#726 ·
Just got a 2016 ram Laramie crew cab and I'm planning on doing bilsteins at 2.1" with a 3" body lift with fuel throttle 18x9 (5"bs) and 35x12.5 bfg ko2's. Do I need to worry about any clearance issues? I'm hoping the tires don't stick out past the factory flares by too much.

#727 ·
I'm assuming you don't have air suspension correct? Just want to confirm as a number of the new Laramies do have it which certainly changes what you can do here.

No worries about clearance issues with that setup at all; you'll have tons of room. Those tires will most certainly be past your OEM flares but not by too much. Likely 0.75" or so to the outside of the tire so the majority of the tread will be covered.

#732 ·
Will 35s fit on an 06 ram 1500 4x4 with a 2.5 level or would I be better with a 3.5 front and 2 in blocks in back
Check out the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature for all the information you need to know on this question.

#735 ·
Oops never even noticed that, must of clicked the wrong one by mistake lol
Thanks
And I've been looking at 18x9 fuel octanes and also xd rockstars 2. ( Still undecided)I'm not very good with wheels and offsets
I've decided to go with the BDS 4 inch kit upgraded to all fox shocks. So just wondering if 35s would look to small on her? and also I want my tires flush( alittle past the flares would be ok to) with my stock outdoorsman flares.
Just want to do this right lol so any input is greatly appreciated

#736 ·
No worries; I've seen a number of guys make the same mistake.

If you're sticking with 9" wide wheels you'll be able to fit 37's for sure. A +12 offset will have them sitting close to flush with your flares, a 0 offset would put them about 0.5" past the flares. I'd recommend having them out past the flares slightly as it will look more proportional with the lift.

#740 ·
Most people post pics using the IMG code from a photo sharing site like photobucket. If the user later deletes the photo or changes some privacy settings it effects anywhere that they may have posted that photo. I agree it is frustrating.

#742 ·
Truck looks great Cory! How do you like the Coursers so far? Tested them off-road yet?

#747 ·
Leveling my 08 Ram!

Hey gang,

First post to any forum, ever. Ive been looking around on here and finally pulled the trigger and signed up.

I have an 07 1500 V8 2wd and wanting to lift/level kit the front, bulldog it preferably (front end sit .5/1inch higher than rear) and was wondering which was the best way to do so?

Also would like to do away with the chrome trim and make it all black/red.

Thanks!

Attachments

#749 ·
2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4WD suspension lift info

Hey guys, I've just finished reading all 75 pages of this thread. Very good info and thanks for all your help. My pre-owned 2009 white Ram 1500 crew cab currently has a front leveling kit ( strut extension, seems like about 2") and the truck is pretty level with my Nitto Trail Grappler 35" and my 18" wheels. Will try to post pics. I'm interested in getting the Zone 6" with their updated rear nitro shocks. My question is do I need a 3" rear coil or the 5"? I'm thinking that when I remove my leveling kit, my truck will have about 2" to 2.5" rake so I need the 5" rear coil to be on the safe side which would bring me to 7" to 7.5" in the back and 6" in the front where I could always install bilstein 5100 later on to level it if needed. What I don't want is to get the 3" rear coil, get the entire install done and realize that the back is not high enough and ends up about 5" to 5.5" and front at 6". I know that a common set up is front bilstein at 2.1" however I'm debating to keep the yellow non adjustable heavy duty bilsteins which were installed by the previous owner. The dealer's performance shop manager recommended 3" rear and also the zone heavy duty upper control arms. Please let me know what you recommend. I know this was a lot of questions :)

Attachments

#751 ·
Hey guys, I've just finished reading all 75 pages of this thread. Very good info and thanks for all your help. My pre-owned 2009 white Ram 1500 crew cab currently has a front leveling kit ( strut extension, seems like about 2") and the truck is pretty level with my Nitto Trail Grappler 35" and my 18" wheels. Will try to post pics. I'm interested in getting the Zone 6" with their updated rear nitro shocks. My question is do I need a 3" rear coil or the 5"? I'm thinking that when I remove my leveling kit, my truck will have about 2" to 2.5" rake so I need the 5" rear coil to be on the safe side which would bring me to 7" to 7.5" in the back and 6" in the front where I could always install bilstein 5100 later on to level it if needed. What I don't want is to get the 3" rear coil, get the entire install done and realize that the back is not high enough and ends up about 5" to 5.5" and front at 6". I know that a common set up is front bilstein at 2.1" however I'm debating to keep the yellow non adjustable heavy duty bilsteins which were installed by the previous owner. The dealer's performance shop manager recommended 3" rear and also the zone heavy duty upper control arms. Please let me know what you recommend. I know this was a lot of questions :)

I went with the 3" rear kit and the truck sat almost 2" lower in the front. I didn't like the nose down look, which is why I opted to install the bils at 2.1. Now it sits nearly perfectly level (1/4" nose down rake). I have the airlift 1000 helper spring kit installed also so when I tow, the rear squats maybe a half inch (pulling a 7x14 enclosed at roughly 5000lbs

#755 ·
Total: 10.5 inches lift

Suspension:
Front
5 in rough country long arm kit
2.5 in level kit spacers (unsure make)

Rear
5 inch rough country lift block
2.5 inch homemade steel spacer to accommodate the leveling kit

Body:

3 inch (again unsure make, but they're all alike)

Wheels/Tires:

18x12 Fuel Hostage Matte black -44 offset

38x13.5r18 Toyo Open Country M/T

Zero rubbing. EXTREMELY smooth ride. Had to modify sway bar tabs on axle to accommodate the added 2.5 from the leveling kit.

5.7 Hemi, all stock besides exhaust and new valve springs. Stock gears. No problem at all moving 38's for an auto gasser :smileup:

Attachments

#756 ·
I'm no expert but I think you need a drop hitch! :LOL:

#767 ·
Thank you all for the comments, guidance and feedback. Some pics of the truck with the Zone Offroad 6" Suspension System installed with the 5" Rear Spring Upgrade w/Nitro Shocks (pn# D2N) and Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm Kit (pn# D2301). Wheels are Ballistic Jester 814 18 X 9 Inch (not sure about offset) and Tires are 35X12.50R18LT Nitto Trail Grappler M/T. Also installed the Bilstein 5100 Series (pn# 24-187367) at 2.1" setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.