DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New hemi vs old hemi...video

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Silver04Ram 
#1 ·
#2 ·
hmm always wondered how the old hemi would fair against a new one. Glad to see im not the only one. I think that extra 50~ horses would help it alot nice video thanks

#5 ·
Well after that race my friend stalled superchips 87 tune and we ran from a 30 roll again and he stayed at my back door handle all of 1st, all of 2nd, and until 3rd i started to pull again but no video as my battery died. Im sure it will take a LT headers and a tune to keep up to a newer HEMI.

These new HEMI have alot of top end with more compression, more power, better heads and i read on another forum that a member with a quad cab with LT headers, diablo tune jumped out1 whole truck on a 4th gen but once the 4th gen hit 3rd it started to creep up and passed the 3rd gen by 1/2-1 truck and the 4th gen was stock

#4 ·
Ooohhh that hurts. Guess I will have to start working on performance. You killed him!!

#7 ·
Geeez. Had a few try to rag me on the the highway but never bitten which is prob' a good thing lol.
What's their drive shaft setup like? Please say they have improved the sturdiness of that. Wonder if they are interchangeable.

Anyway that is a good video man. Thanks for sharing.

#8 ·
damn that really blew the doors off the old one, I wonder how a single cab old hemi would do against a quad cab newer? either way I might have to get a 2011 R/T haha

#9 ·
GoodNight!! glad i am packing an extra 75horses with a flip of a button

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.