DODGE RAM FORUM banner

S&B improve my towing?

837 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  h2oman 
#1 ·
Will be towing a 5000 lb boat and trailer with my 1500 5.7 and 3.92 axle. Wonder if the greater cai flow would help? S&B says 50% better air flow but would the engine really use this above the stock filter?

#2 ·
I'm betting it says, "UP TO 50% increase". They would never claim a definite 50% increase. It may help some. And hey, you'll have to get a new air filter at some point. May as well be one that you clean and reuse. So, if you want it get it. I doubt your truck has any problems with a 5000 lb boat.

#3 ·
You are correct. Up to 50% increased airflow, not power. I have my doubts about CAI anyway, at least by themselves. My stock air box may not even benefit from increased airflow was my point. You can have the capability of more airflow but if your not pulling it over the stock system then it is a waste of money. But I had to ask as I'm inclined to want to do it. As you say my truck will not have any problem pulling the 5K anyway.

#4 ·
You are very correct sir. Give us a review if you get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.