DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Ram front bumper/grille conversion.

28K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Hawkhound 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 quad cab . I have some front end damage from accident, bumper, hood, grille, etc. I really love the new 2013 ram sport front bumper, grille, vertical driving lights, projector headlamps. I know the headlamps will fit on truck, and work with harness adapter. I have been to a couple Dodge Dealer Parts Departments, and searched the internet. I can not find any answer as to if the 2013 front bumper, and grille will fit on 2009-2012 model. If I buy the parts they can not be returned if they don't fit. I know there may be some different mounting brackets, and the impact absorber is different. But I dont know if the bolt holes on frame horn, and radiator support from 2011 model would work on 2013 model grille, front bumper. I would just like to know if anyone has done this conversion, or have any information on if these parts will work, or will not work without major modifications, cutting, drilling,etc. I am new member, but longtime reader and fan of this forum. Sorry for the lengthy question, any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
I did look under the front bumper of a 2013 ram. The frame horn that the bumper bolts to has 4 bolt hole that appear to look like the same bolt pattern on the 2009- 2012 models. But the parts department printed off the 2011 and 2013 model ram sport parts diagram, the grille on the 2013 modem is about 1 inch taller, thats why the front bumpers are thinner in the center of bumper. To make room for the larger grille, and to save weight,or so I've read. Some of the brackets on the parts diagram looked the same on both trucks, and somw were different. Most noticeable differences are front bumper impact absorber and obviously the front bumper cover. I am sure with as many custom truckd out there. Someone out theee had done this or tried to do the conversion. The bowtie guys do front end conversions all the time putting Yukon, and Cadillac front colips on chevy and gmc trucks. Like i said before any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the reply HG.

#4 ·
Conversion

Hey man, I'm on the same boat as you. I have a 2011 ram sport. I bought all the parts, (bumper cover, grill, and projectors, I mounted the projectors, however I took it to a body shop and they told me the bumper absorber was different, I've been researching all over for a 2013 bumper mount but can't find it. I tried mopar.com but doesn't give a part number. Any help woud be appreciated as well. I know it can be done, it's just a matter of finding those parts.

#8 ·
I have never got a straight up answer if the 2013 bumper, grille will mount up to 2009-2012 model. But by looking online at a website with diagrams, part numbers, and prices, in order for the 2013 front bumper/grille conversion to work, a person will have to buy new impact bar, energy absorber, bumper brackets, R and L side supports, fog lamp bracket, fog lights, lower air deflector, and bumper filler panel. The website I have found to have the best diagrams and prices is http://moparonlineparts.com I do not know if this is an official/trustworthy website, I just found it a couple of days ago. I have not ordered any parts yet for the conversion, once the parts are bought they can not be returned. And after investing 1,000 dollars I would like to know for sure it will work. Any information you find out, such as what parts will work from the 2011 model, bumper supports etc. would be greatly appreciated. But I am positive a new energy absorber, fog light brackets, and lights, and lower air deflector would be needed for sure in addition to the parts you already have.

#14 ·
I myself have a 2011 Ram 1500. I want to replace the grille with a 2013-2018 grille. I understand that I need to replace the front bumper. My question is one can it be done if so what problem will I face? Second will I have problems with the fog lights because my current bumper has a different shape on the fog lights than the newer gen bumpers?

#15 ·
Bumping this thread. I have a 2011 1500 sport that i am currently working on swapping the front end to a 2013-18. I am still waiting on a couple parts to come in and should be underway with the swap in a week or so. items that i purchased are below.

Bumper facia unpainted

13-18 grill

radiator support headlamp brackets left and right (the mounting points for the 13-18 grill outer bolts would not line up.)

left and right upper support bracket.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5MZFF24?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ( these also can be used from the 2011)

Bumper reinforcement (plastic panel that goes above the crash bar)
Amazon.com (Mopar)

Energy absorber

Face bar reinforcement crossmember

Valance (you can buy a new one or reuse the one from the 2011, fitment is the same)

plastic insert at the mid bottom of the facia

Fastners and plastic clips

Fog lights

I have watched several videos on YouTube and it sems pretty straight forward but concerned about the hood closure with the 13-18 grill being taller from what I have read. curious to see if anyone else out there has run into that problem and has a solution for it.

I'll document this transformation and follow up with the progress. hopefully no issues along the way.