DODGE RAM FORUM banner

hemi vs cummins

3K views 20 replies 3 participants last post by  BlackHemI 
#1 ·
well saturday me and the gf were going riding with my buddies. i was pulling my 6x10 trailer with my 4 wheeler on it and my buddy was pulling his trailer with his 4 wheeler on it. he has an 06 cummins with a bully dog. we were cruising at 65 and and 3 honks floored it. (pretty stupid with a trailer i kno) :LOL: but i had him at my tailgate all the way till 90 then he slowly passed me. i was suprised but just thought id share! lol

#3 ·
Lol yea. Dude his truck is so powerful. Straight piped too!! Sick!!

#4 ·
Now throw a 4th gen in there !..

#5 ·
dam captain, your siggy pic looks awesome! you've come along way!

#6 ·
Think so ?.. Glad to hear it !.. You as well buddy !..

#7 ·
on your wheels, since they are plasti dipped, does alot of dust get on them? when i had mine done they looked terrible from the brake dust

#8 ·
They do get dust on them but not too much at all really.. I can go out and rub my hand allover it and barely get any black powder on my hand.. But there it some.. I plan on getting 22" rockstars within the month tho.. And will be getting caliper covers which other then look good also help stop the brake dust

#9 ·
awesome! inform me when you get the rockstars. i want them aswell but to many people have them and i like the monsters but both are $$$$! down side about the rockstars is that they dont show any caliper which would kill the point of my red ones lol.

#10 ·
I hear the same thing that everyone had them.. But I really don't see that many even here on the forumz but anyways I agree with the same about the calipers but 22" there is some space to see it.. 20 or lower there is barely any space.. So it depends on what size you get

#11 ·
You getting 22's? Ill prolly get 20's again I'm afraid I'll lose to much speed. Where are you buying yours from?

#12 ·
I've been looking around more then ever for the past like 3 months about rim size and tires and everything for this to happen and I've decided to get 22"x9.5 because most people who have bought 22s say there is no ride difference the thing they say is they should have purchased 24" because the 22s look just like the stock 20s.. That's the only bad thing I've heard.. Then I looked into 24s and the way the rockstars are made they would be sticking out 4 or 5 inches with 24s so not a chance for that for me.. and the tire size I will be getting is 305/45/22 and the brand are Nittos.. I will be getting them from this place called "zekes custom wheels" sort of around my area..

#13 ·
Oh I see. Yea they all say 24's...I'm afraid that tire size will kill my 12.6 mpg as it is, so I'm debating on tire size. How much are they at that place

#14 ·
24s will deff kill your 12.6 lol not sure about the 22s though probably shouldn't be that much of a difference.. Least I hope !.. came to like 2300 after everything I believe which is cheaper then many places around that I have called.. Mrwheeldeal was a little cheaper but that's sketchy to me lol

#15 ·
thats a good deal, ill need tires soon but i think ima just keep my stockers since i got em powder coated. idk how much i could sell them for either, any ideas?

#16 ·
Brand new they are about 300-400.. But since they are used AND powder coated you could probably stay right around that price and if you sell them with your tires well id say you could easy get a little more for them even

#17 ·
dang thats way cheaper than i thought lol my friend sold his leaf 20's off his 05 with bald tires for 6!

#18 ·
I just google shopped the 3rd Gen 20" and that's what google showed me from a few different websites brand new and used refurbished ones were like 250

#19 ·
Booo I'm sure as hell not letting them go for that cheap

#20 ·
Exactly.. I would keep them as well.. Esp since they have been powder coated !.. Worst case could always use them as winters if you get other rims and like the other set better.. (What I will do when I get my rockstars)

#21 ·
Yea true that!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.