DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best Bulb, non HID

14K views 57 replies 29 participants last post by  gotRAMtruck 
#1 ·
Well the HID kits were not a big hit, i kept gettin the finger from passing drivers and eventually either one fog light or one headlight wouldn't work.....so after a full refund im looking to upgrade from the ugly yellow factory lights....any suggestions?

#4 ·
Check out there stuff, I don't work for them or anything but have picked up around 5 kits from them, there really great kits and have had no issues with them, basic plug and play, I have 55 watt kits hi/low beam on my Ram, lowered them not to blind on coming traffic, and have not once gotten flashed or fingered.

#7 ·
If you really don't want to go the HID route again have a look at PIAA Halogens. They are a 55 watt NON DOT halogen bulb with a k rating that gets you a whiter light than halogen but not quite as white as HID. They in my humble opinion are the absolute best halogen bulb's I've ever run and I've tried damn near everything from Silverstars to Putco and in between.

#8 ·
good advice here...while i wanted to go the PIAA route they were $90.00 compared to the Phillips Crystal Vision ultra for 30 bucks at carquest.

im very happy with them, but will definately try the PIAA when i need to replace the bulbs.

here was a good conversation about lighting...
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100150

#9 ·
I just picked up The ZXE ....but could not match them to the machine at Pep Boys ... Are the H11 right for the 2012 low beam:4-dontknow:

#10 ·
Yes for the Sports with the quad's an H11 is correct.

#11 ·
Stump3r,

What are the PIAA Halogen part numbers for the heads and spots on our 4th gen trucks?

I'm a huge fan of PIAA and may give these a try....

#12 ·
Stump....thanks for the reply...I can sleep now , change them first thing in the AM
:smiley_thumbs_up:

#13 ·
What's a better bulb for the high beams? particularly the bulb part no. or style for a direct drop in. My high beams put out less useable light than lows with fogs on. I am not an HID fan except ofr interior lights and such. I love openning the door and it looks like heaven just lit up my interior.

#15 ·
I installed the ZXE...added so much...but I put them in lows only...be fixin that real soon. Like I sain earlier in have the lamin x 6% on the head lights and it killed the OE bulbs but the ZXE have them back to brighter then stock

#16 ·
Just installed the 9005 ZXE in the high beams can't wait till it gets dark to really check it out, but like most of others pics the old OE was " yellow " when looking at one in compared to the ZXE

#20 ·
Yea h11 for low beam 9005 for high & H10 for fog s

#31 ·
I'm finding multiple bulbs for these numbers. What are the specific part numbers that I will need to look for?

Thanks!

Scott

#22 ·
I just switched all my stock bulbs to PIAA yesterday. I drive a 2010 Sport. My fog lights are very white, my low beams are very white, and my high beams are white, but day time running lights still look yellow??????

When I park in front of a window my day times are yellow and when I flick the highs on they turn white, is it the same bulb????? And why are they yellow at day????

#25 ·
I just switched all my stock bulbs to PIAA yesterday. I drive a 2010 Sport. My fog lights are very white, my low beams are very white, and my high beams are white, but day time running lights still look yellow??????

When I park in front of a window my day times are yellow and when I flick the highs on they turn white, is it the same bulb????? And why are they yellow at day????
What PIAA's did you go with? Halogens?

There are several different halogen bulb models....

#23 ·
do you have dual or quad lights?

im guessing with a sport you have quads...you will need two more bulbs...

#24 ·
Just put zXe's in my Express. Noticeable improvement but the beam is still rather "splotchy". Must be the design of the light.

#33 ·
Any one look at retro-solutions they have HPX 65 watt 6000k bulbs for 20 dollars a pair.
And HPX 80 watt 6000k for 20 a pair. I personally have not used them I use the ultra star but I'm seriously considering these bulbs. They have a 1 year warranty. And retro- solutions has a very good rep on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.