DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tow mirror to regular mirror swap help

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  tjenkins 
#1 ·
Guys,

I have a '13 Laramie with tow mirrors.....I had the dealership swap to regular '13 mirrors....but I still get a code.

They just swaped the mirrors......I noticed some people mentioned swap the "door modules" as well. Is that needed and is that just what everything plugs into ?

Also, does the battery need to be unplugged to reset the computer for this ?

Thanks for any help.

#4 ·
There is a sensor under the drivers side mirror. Also if you read older posts about upgrading to power mirrors with LED lamps there is no way to successfully flash the computer to recongnize the new mirrors. You may have to hard-wire them to get them the way you want. Just curious, you have the middle switch on your window control panel to power fold the mirrors? If so, I dont see a reason why the power folding option wouldnt work. Maybe the dealer did something wrong during install???

#5 ·
I had tow mirrors with blinkers and the down lights. The regular Laramie mirrors have blinkers and down lights too. I've read that people have swapped these with no problems.

However, I still get a check engine light...even though I swapped '13 mirrors with '13 mirros. Both have the sensor.

#17 ·
Lizardking,
Sorry I was out of town for 45 days...just getting back up to speed. You posted interest in the '13 mirror swap from tow to regular mirrors. I saw somewhere you had success doing this.

I am wanting to do the same.....from what I gathered, the mirrors, modules, and door switches have to swap to work.

Just wondering if you found someone to swap with you or did you have to buy these items ? I haven't found anyone to swap with me yet, so was curious if I had to buy, how much that would be if you know.

Also, do you live in the Dallas,Tx. area by chance ?

Thanks for your time.

#18 · (Edited)
I would love to trade mirrors and module for tow mirrors but Dallas is a little far. I'm in Montgomery AL. I would also love to buy tow mirrors, if you are wanting to sell yours. I just don't want to trade and then have similar problems with engine lights and Temp sensors and not be able to trade back.

2013 2500 Longhorn 6.7

#20 ·
I'm totally interested to find out if this works. My truck came from the factory with tow mirrors, I had the dealer swap to non tow but the power fold doesn't work. Temp/lights/heat etc all work, button and module swapped, computer flashed and still no fold. Another member recently traded mirrors (firemedic?) but I never saw a final post as to whether they actually got the fold to work or not...

#21 ·
The 13 tow mirrors are not wired to fold. All the other functions will work but the fold will not unless you hard wire it differently.
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.