DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wrecked my bumper :(

6K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  2015ram1500/5.7 
#1 ·
So i work in remote locations here in Alberta,Canada.
And anyone who lives here knows that spring can be a b*tch.
I was leaving work and got stuck in mud. it was a place where water was draining through and it thawed the dirt underneath and created some serious mud. my front wheels were all the way in no way of getting out by myself.
I have a sport. and no tow hooks in the front (worst decision ram made,not to put them in) i had to go and get my trackhoe hook up a chain to my hitch and pull myself backwards.
And doing this i ripped my bumper.
O yeah my rim is also a little scratched up from the tiny rocks in the mud...
I attached some pictures.
I took off the bottom plastic skid plate and the middle piece (where the tow hooks should be) then cut the 2 inches of plastic that were not broken.
Now im driving around with half a bumper lol.

Went to the dealership to check some prices.
about 750$ for the parts that are broken. And thats not including paint.

I hunt and i go off road alot. I am putting on a lift and 35' tires on my truck soon but i want to get a bumper thats not gonna sit so low.

Anyone know of any good steel aftermarket bumpers?
I seen the ADD bumper but its pretty pricey. And i doubt thats the only option i have. but any other bumper i find usually fits the 2500 and 3500 rams.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
#3 ·
Check rockauto.com for a new bumper.

#5 ·
#10 ·
i just had someone back inot my bumper, got a quote and its a little obscene. apparently they cant fix small dents in these bumpers? they have to order and paint a whol enew bumper pad?? thats crazy...has anyone else had any minor bumper repair on a 2013+??

im also looking for an aftermarket bumper but nothing ive found looks like it would look good on a black sport :(

EDIT: REAR BUMPER

#29 ·
I was backing out if a pond I was digging caught the bottom valance exactly the same. Lame. I went with the ADD bumper. It fits really snug and dosent hang off the front off the truck like most of these bumpers seem to do. My light bar on it is less than a 1/4 inch away from the front grille looks awesome
I just got a stock bumper priced out,family pricing from a friend that works at mopar. 300$ for bumper ,170$ for the inner piece that the plastic bumper mounts too,and got painting estimated at a shop its 500$

Can i see pictures of your ADD bumper? And all the options u selected for it and how much was the final price? if you dont mind.

#14 ·
Sucks to see a hurt Ram!

But for that price, personally, I'd spend a little more and go with an aftermarket steel bumper. Something like the Boondock or Iron Cross...

#17 ·
Thats exactly what i want to do now. since the regular oem bumper is gonna cost as much as an aftermarket one.

boondock seems pretty solid and not as pricey. i have to contact them and see if they can make the round light cutouts square so i can fit some rigid cube lights in instead of the piaa.

Someone said CTP has road armour bumpers. Yes, i even have their catalogue and 99% of the bumpers are for jeeps and 2500/3500 trucks

#15 ·
I was leaving work and got stuck in mud. it was a place where water was draining through and it thawed the dirt underneath and created some serious mud. my front wheels were all the way in no way of getting out by myself.
I have a sport. and no tow hooks in the front (worst decision ram made,not to put them in) i had to go and get my trackhoe hook up a chain to my hitch and pull myself backwards.
I took off the bottom plastic skid plate and the middle piece (where the tow hooks should be) then cut the 2 inches of plastic that were not broken.

I hunt and i go off road alot. I am putting on a lift and 35' tires on my truck soon but i want to get a bumper thats not gonna sit so low.

I seen the ADD bumper but its pretty pricey. And i doubt thats the only option i have. but any other bumper i find usually fits the 2500 and 3500 rams.

PM me i have a black bumper for sale (same one )

#19 ·
I recommend everyone get a spare bumper when you can find one cheap. Even one with small dents and scratches will do if you then get it linexed. The coating will cover and also will hide and protect from future minor whacks. I was hit three times in 10 years by tailgating fools on my last truck.

#21 ·

i cant pm yet 217-255-372nine

#24 ·
the rear bumper is just a skin really
I had a bit of damage on it, & a small dent in the tailgate, so i replaced both

Mopar rear bumper with dual exhaust $357.54
Mopar Tailgate $363.60
Mopar Spoiler $41.70

#26 ·
I'm pretty sure there is an inner piece that mounts to the frame that the colored bumper mounts to. You'll need both. The metal bumpers bolt directly to the frame.

#31 ·
South Dakota is less one whitetail deer and i have one whacked bumper. 1000 deductible so, I have an iron cross with the bar on order with led's for my white 1500. All about 1500 installed, so using bad logic only 500 or less counting the increase in insurance premiums I will NOT pay now. Let me have my rationalizations please. Hopefully I will figure out how to insert pics. Beat me kick me, make my buy truck candy.

#32 ·
Bumper Concern

Check out TRAIL READY, In my opinion this is the best looking bumper on the market ! I recently slammed my sport out hunting and the full repair cost $1200. here in Cochrane, then to add insult to injury I buggered it again the other day ! So I am looking into this bumper for my '13

#34 ·
I’m kind of in the same boat. You have a 1/2 ton (1500)?
I do.
We have no tow hooks. And ya these low hanging front bumpers just ready to get smashed. I dunno what to say other than the dodge 1500 is really more of a city truck.
I was looking into getting some RANCHHAND bump ra for our truck and read on this forumbyears ago they were so heavy they affected the truck.
I’d inquire further on other forums?? I dunno. Just trying to help. L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.