DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 sport crew cab dual exhaust

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
I am looking on upgrading the dual exhaust on my 2010 sport crew cab but I don't know very much. Do I need just a new muffler?How do I know what size muffler is stock and what size do I need to put on or what I should put on? Do I go with flowmaster or magnaflow. If anyone can give me some pointers, anything is appreciated!

#2 ·
Well, I put on a mufflex 18. Mufflex is a magna flow muffler made to bolt right on. It comes in 24, 18, or 14. 24 quietest 14th is the loudest. It is a really common system. I've heard some flow masters and they seem cool too. Go check out you-tube there are some good videos. Just make sure you watch out for in cab drone. Because our trucks go into 4 cylinder mode it will cause a different sound and may get annoying. That's why I went with the 18 instead of the 14. It's all personal opinion.

#3 ·
You have just asked 2 of the biggest questions asked in here, exhaust & tire/rims, if you had asked about a CIA (cold air intake) & a true exhaust system, you would have hit everything but a programmer

I went with the Magnaflow 18 also

#8 ·
How's that Mufflex 18 sound when the MDS kicks in? does it make it sound like a ricer going down the road?

exco

#12 ·
I heard my truck going down the road past me last week, the technician was doing a test drive, maybe doing 35 mph, I was real happy with the sound of my Magnaflow,
Magnaflow has a lifetime guaranty as long as it is mounted properly, mine was welded on by a good muffler shop, at first it had a couple small leaks where the weld was, but, they were quickly fixed while still on the hoist .
The shop said that they have only had a couple go bad, the shop has to send the muffler back to the company & they are then given a credit, if the muffler is bad & it was not an installer problem. My muffler shop also takes pictures of the installed malfunctioned muffler, then they cut off the muffler & a little of the exhaust pipe, so that Magnaflow can see for themselves that the welds were done properly, to cover their own butts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.