DODGE RAM FORUM banner

plasti dip exhaust tips?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JOE760 
#1 ·
Has anyone plasti dipped their dual exhaust tips? My whole truck is black and I wanted to spray mine so I will have all the chrome off but don't know if it will hold up against the heat

#6 ·
did you guys take the tips off the truck?
spraying at such a bad angle if they were still installed would be a big ol' bi**h lol

id just get my local muffler shop to swap out my tips with black powder coated ones.
done and done for about 80$-100$ could probably even get the stock ones powder coated for wayy less.
dont have to worry about plasti dipping every 6 months or whatever, as that's not practical at all.

i also dont have mud flaps, so that would cause my tips to take a beating, no way plastidip would survive.

#8 ·
I can deal with plast dipping every 6 months lol I was trying to avoid cutting my tips off and getting them powder coated. Did you just spray the tips while they were on the truck? I mean of there was any over spray on the truck you could just rub it off I was just trying to make sure the plasti dip could hold up with the heat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.