DODGE RAM FORUM banner

A-pillar paint

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave665 
#1 ·
Looking to get a bully dog tuner with the a pillar mount. I have tan right now but I want to change both of them to black. I am concerned about painting the OEM pillar and having it look....well like it isn't from the factory. Any tips on how to do this the right way?

#2 ·
Colorbond interior paint, it's what I used on my dash. Been on for almost a year with no issues, almost perfectly matches and looks completely stock!

Before:

After:

#4 ·
No, I didn't. The dash is all one piece and I really didn't want to take the whole thing out...

I just taped EVERYTHING off and used about 6 plastic painters tarps on everything else!

#7 ·
I used Performix brand PLASTI DIP black rubber coating(home depot) about 6 to 10 thin coats. It's held up over two years, with the wife wearing rings and grabbing at the grab handles all the time. Best of all its peelable easy to remove, and flexible won't crack or chip. I tried painting before and used adhesion promoter they recommended and later on had the paint peeling and flaking off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.