DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wiring LOC into 2011 Ram Crew Cab

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sporty11 
#1 ·
Ok, so I am putting 2 12's into my 2011 Ram Sport Crew Cab. I took out the factory sub and have wired everything in for the new one.

Basically, everything is fine except for the output and I have figured its one of two issues. The problem is the bass is low/little/sketchy... I have fiddled with the dash equalizer as well as the bass outputs on the LOC and amp to no avail. So this is where I am:

Issue #1: Bad ground. I have the LOC and the amp grounded on the two big 18mm bolts holding the back seat to the floor. the LOC is on the front bolt, the amp is under the rear bolt. Now I was thinking of running a ground directly to the frame or to the door lock u-bolt. But I am pretty sure the frame and the bolts are steel and should be a fine grounding source.

Issue #2: I have the LOC running inputs from both the rear door speakers. My guess is they get a shitty bass signal or not the full range. From some online investigating I have read with some of the other same age dodges, running wires from the front door speakers is more ideal because they get a better range of sound and will provide the full bass level versus the rear speakers. Any ideas?

Opinions or past experiences welcome, I am just trying to get this to run/sound better than it is currently.

Thanks guys!

* Edit* Is there a better way to get output for the LOC, like wiring into the factory sub harness that is attached to the factory box? its a pin connector but you can easily splice into those wires there. Would that provide me with a full range sound as I assume the factory sub would get a pretty good output signal. Or because its downstream of the factory amp, would it screw with the sound?

See less See more
#6 ·
Better to know now then regret spending money without achieving the results you wanted. Best to invest in a pro shop with an RTA to wire in a quality LOC that summs all the speaker outputs for a true 20hz-20khz signal - then do the rest yourself.

Look at it this way, since you have a 2011 RAM your options are greater than owners of 2013 and above.

#8 ·
@EdmontonSS i went into Visions here in calgary when i built my system. Bought a simple "Visions Brand" (Cant remember the name) LOC tied that into my sub wiring harness and vuala! No secret wiring behind dash, it may not be the highest SQL.. actually thankfully i have the remote bass knob as i found i play around with that for almost every song to make it sound good. If youre looking to add simple bass to your truck withour re-doing the whole system top to bottom or having some shop do the same thing for you then that is the route to take! Good Luck!

Also everyone likes pics!! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.