DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What did you do to your Ram today?

6M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  Wile E. Coyote Jr. 
#1 ·
First off, I apologize if there is already a thread for this. I looked and used the search function and did not see one.

I'll start off:

I changed the oil and went to synthetic, changed the transfer case fluid, killed the door chime and sealed the LED 3rd brake light the previous owner neglected to. Last night, I installed my old 12's under the back seat.

Reactions: dbdj28
#3,570 ·
Got about 75% of the work done on the new Ranch Hand Bullnose Winch Bumper. :smiley_thumbs_up: Was only able to work on it about 3 hours cause I had to go to work but made pretty good progress working solo. Removing the original bumper was the least fun part of it. As anyone who has removed the bumper knows, the intercooler gets in the way of removing the bumper bolts. So out came the sawzall and progress continued.

Using my engine hoist was the only way I could've done it solo. I like to think I'm pretty strong but there was no way I could hold the 275# bumper and get the bolts in. The winch plate was able to go in afterward and then I was able to drop (almost literally) the winch it. A 17,500# winch is also no fun solo...

I still have to run the wires for the Winch, figure out where I am going to put the LED light bar because where it was at in the grill, it's blocked by a cross bar. :doh: Then I need to relocate the fog lights and drill a hole for my block heater plug connector. This should be fun because of the thickness of the steel on the bumper. :smiledown: Then I'll need to reinstall the grill and recheck all the bolts and electrical connections and call it done!

Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow since the'ye calling for rain here in NC on Monday.

#3,573 ·
I have been lax in draining my Hemi Catch Can
Today i decided to do it
It was full to the brim, wasn't doing much good
I had just had the throttle body cleaned & the injector system flushed a couple weeks back

Wasted money going down the drain & maybe messed up my new spark plugs too

No wonder my MPG had dropped

#3,578 · (Edited)
Today I started a plan to build an adjustable rack. I like the look and performance of Thule stuff but something occurred to me as I looked at the design.

I used to compete in bodybuilding, my training style was more like powerlifting. The racks we used for squats etc. could handle a 500lb drop if necessary, and I tested those things in that way for around 20 years - I know they work, and have never seen a pop-pin actually fail (also worked as a tech in that industry for a long time).

I plan to modify a used cage (found on kijiji, or something like that), so that it is fully adjustable. I'll post a picture of the type of rack I intend to use. The only significant mod would be to the length of the sliders because I'd have to turn the tubing so that the holes are facing each other from each side of the box. Once I have the measurement for the piece of 2x2 I need it's just a matter of getting that welded to retro the mechanism. All that I need are the 4 uprights (cut to the length of a Thule setup, roughly), and the 2 adjustable sliders. Will not be very expensive. I can powder coat to match the colour of my truck.

I work in design/build and am pulling away from the amount of actual on-site building that I currently do. I'd like to be able to put a decent amount of 2x6 2x8 etc. on it without worry and get rid of my trailer. Most of our materials are delivered, so no real need for pulling a trailer anymore.

Going to think about how to mount it.

#3,579 ·
My USB charger under the seat was a failure. The 12v is only live when the interior is lit - IE like while the door is open while installing it. LMAO Twice my son said his phone wasn't charging only to find 12v there when I checked it (cause the door was open). LMAO /facepalm.
Time to find another 12v source in the back seat somewhere.

#3,581 ·
What I'd like to do is get into the armrest so I can get to the back of the cigarette lighter in the back of the armrest. I'd fish some wire from there to the back seat and wire it up that way. I just want to avoid having wires hanging around crossing the floor and USB connectors sticking out of the back of the arm rest. I think I have 10 or more USB cables that have been destroyed by the kids or the dog from breaking the connector or wires or the connectors getting wet and rusting out.

#3,589 ·
Great pictures

#3,588 ·
I became the guinea pig for the 2015-2016 guys and ordered three skid plates, will try putting them on this weekend. Transfer case, power steering, and front axle.

#3,594 ·
Bilstein 5100 and rear Monroe Load-Leveling coil-overs installed! Truck looks great and rides AMAZING. I cannot get over how tight and sure footed the ride has become. Unreal.

Despite the fact that it's still bulldogging even though I boosted the rear an inch, I'm happy. Waiting on my 35's and rims to come together and ship and I'll post up some photos.

Rock and roll!

#3,603 ·
Today i am going to an Auto Electric shop to order a pigtail that can be hooked up to power through my 2016 Ram fuse panel , i have the same part in my '09 Ram.
The pigtail will have an inline fuse in each of the 3 wires that branch off of the main Power wire. This pigtail will power my CB in the cab & switched power to a point on the left front corner stake pocket of the bed. The 3rd connection will be for a use at a later time.

Then i am going to look for a trustworthy shop that knows how to drop the cab roof liner & drill a hole through the roof for a CB Antenna & modify the overhead console to mount an Auxiliary Speaker for the CB, i had this done in my 2009 also

My 2016 is at the dealership to have them take care of flaws in the paint & a cut in the steering wheel cover.
The dealership is waiting for RAM to OK the repairs.

I need the hole drilled through the roof before the 2016 goes to the Body Shop for a complete repaint & new Bumpers & Grille