DODGE RAM FORUM banner

make my v6 faster

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Juma 
#1 ·
okay guys i have couple of things i need help on.
so let me know what yall know about these problems.

first of all, i had stock 20s on my truck and changed them to 17s
with low tires. After i changed them i noticed the mph changed.
today i got besides my friend going a constant speed (60 mph) but mine was reading 70. i read once you change the size the mph will change also.
the thing i want to know how to calibrate it back to its normal speed.

second also when i changed the tires the rpm got a lot quicker but not quick enough, what can i put into the truck to make it faster, but wont make it sound like a dirt bike lol

also i need the governor out, do yall know any good tune kits i can get so it wont cut off at 105 mph.

#2 ·
Dealer can recalibrate your speedo.

#5 ·
It looks like the V6 already has a built in CAI with the air box getting air from above the passenger front tire. There is a small plastic flap that reduces air flow and also stop debris from entering the system (that is my guess) With a K&N filter, could you also drill small holes above the front right tire to allow more air floor?

#6 ·
the flap is probably to increase air speed in the intake from more low speed torque which the 3.6 needs. I am going to insulate the intake with some reflectiv insulation to keep the air incoming colder. that should also build a little more low speed torque, expecially with a K&N filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.