DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Looking into a Pro Comp 6inch lift and 35s

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  00000 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've recently came across this post and noticed it was a lifted pentastar.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=181961&referrerid=73463
I'm thinking about doing this myself but just wanted some input. My only real hesitation (besides being broke after) is the 3.21 gearing my truck currently has. I was thinking about re-gearing, maybe to a 4.10 or at least a 3.92 but Im not sure where to go on that. I would install the lift myself but I am afraid to do any gear change on my own. I would be keeping my 18x8.5 Hollywood outlaws with +15 offset and putting on 35X12.5R18LT BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2s. :LOL:

What do you guys think?

#3 ·
I wonder what type of experience people are having with the lifted Pentastars?

#4 ·
I definitely wouldn't be running 35's on a pentastar with 3.21 gears. You'd want at least 3.92's but 4.10's would be better. But you can't change the gears in a 2012+ ram easily because the front ring gear is welded to the carrier. So you'll need to get a front diff from a 2011.
I would also recommend a Zone lift before a ProComp.

#5 ·
Thanks for the insight. Every shop I have been talking to about the gears is saying the same thing and Ive had one or two that have found ways to do it, but getting quoted at just over 2k for the job :( This will probably not happen for a few years so hopefully there will be a better solution by then and with any luck I will have a 6.7 Cummins by that time instead!

#8 ·
What???? Thats crazy!!!
So you put 35s on you 3.6L pentastar ram and it dropped your fuel economy from 20+mpg to 11mpg?

Thats almost cut in half!! I expected a few mpg drop, not 50%!!

Good to know!

Can anyone else confirm this, because other threads I see differently and I WAS just a tad bit of research away from pulling the trigger on 35s..

Check out ThunderRams post in this thread:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=170402

"ok heres the scoop!

truck has 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio

I Put 35x12.5x17 Dick CEPEK Radial F-C II with ProComp 7031 Flat Black Rims and a Front and back Ready Lift Leveling Kit

My fuel mileage did go down but not as much as i thought it would. I monitor my fuel mileage pretty close, its gone down about 3MPG also I dont drive the truck hard

I also have a before and after photo but im yet to figure out how to post it"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.