DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What is your plan for your Pentastar Exhaust?

36K views 72 replies 39 participants last post by  @Lex87 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, blackrain86 was kind enough to share his mod of putting the Hemi muffler back exhaust and bumper on his Pentastar which looks and sounds great. I plan on doing something with mine when it comes in and the hemi exhaust look is one of the choices. My truck is an outdoorsman which even with the hemi is a single out to the side. I have thought about just changing the muffler to a single in, dual out and having my muffler shop run the pipes out the same side. And finish it with black tips. The picture shows what I mean. So what are some other ideas you guys have for yours?

Attachments

See less See more
#46 ·
Yep all the same from the muffler back.... I'm going tonight to pick up a a dual setup from a guy that pulled his HEMI exhaust to install an aftermarket one when he bought his truck. I have a regular cab with the 6.4" bed.

#51 ·
Picking up my extra hanger parts today at the dealership and then going to get my exhaust after work.... can't wait!!!

#54 ·
Hey guys!
Very new to the forum but this topic was right up my alley and has been extremely helpful. Those of you that have done the bumper swap along with putting in the hemi exhaust--how do you like the sound/performance? I did see the one video and it sounds like just what I'm looking for (slight rumble at idle and sounds slightly aggressive on acceleration).
I could potentially get my hands on a bumper and exhaust system very shortly, so any additional feedback from those that have done this would be much appreciated!

#55 ·
Try truckexhaustkits.com, you can build a custom exhaust kit for a very reasonable price. Most 5.7l aftermarket cat backs will fit the 3.6l. The only difference is the 3.6 does not have the drivers side tailpipe hanger. The mount is already on the truck, but no rubber hanger. I'm running dual cat back, stainless, out the rear with a flowmaster super 44, looks good with the stock bumper. I really like the sound.

#57 ·
I posted a video link on this thread of my 2014 3.6 with the mbrp single hemi exhaust if you want to hear it check it out. I actually have changed the exhaust though, I am running a Flowmaster super 40 with a flowmaster super 10 in place of stock resonator have to post a video of new setup it sounds deep!

#61 ·
I know this is an old thread, but thought this was a good place to ask. I swapped the hemi dual exhaust on my 3.6 and I like it, but I can't figure out where to mount the front exhaust hanger for the driver side. I have the rear one on, but I don't see a bolt hole anywhere around where the hanger could go. If anyone had a pic, that would be great!!!!!!

#62 · (Edited)
When I did the swap for my 2014 V6 express I added the hanger that goes onto the left side of the rear cross member.
You'll notice a small hole in the rear cross member, it's a pain to bolt the new hanger in there but
the parts are listed below.

Left Hanger #52122572AA, Hanger Bolt M8x1.25x35 #6104390AA and Left Insulator #52103717AB.

#64 ·
May as well revive this in it’s entirety, since it was brought back from the dead! I never understood why some posts go stagnant and then someone just creates a new post on the same topic that’s been talked about for however long. Since this is my first post since my introduction post in the newbie thread, I figured I may as well throw some ideas out there. I recently purchased a ‘14 Tradesman CC, I’m loving it so far.

I had planned on putting a Magnafow Off-Road cat back on. But I’m not entirely too sure how it would sound on a V6. I would also like to look into some better exhaust options that start immediately from the cylinder heads. The bell-mouth design to be exact, at the start of the catalytic converters. Someone by now has surely made a better design. I have seen universal high-flow cats that will need to be welded in. But has anyone actually seen a better system (bolt on) for these V6s that start at the cats?

#67 ·
Honestly i bought a cheap FLOWMASTER 40 series and put it on, ( single) , i left the stock resonator..I wouldn’t want to get it too loud . It sounds amazing, no drone, loud enough and when you floor it down around 3000rpm makes that awesome growl.. so far those have been my mods :

Hood deflector
Vent visor
Tinted windows
Stubby antenna
Blacked out tail lights and 3rd brake light
All led in and out
2.5” leveling spacers
Flowmaster 40 series exaust
Swapped normal mirror with towing one.

Next as soon as the weather will allow I’ll paint badliner 2 strips each side as a rust control and the bed , I’ll buy back up camera and OEM led cargo then late summer will be Rims, tires and ceramic coating ???

#68 ·
I FINALLY put this hanger on. Haven't driven much yet, but so far I think it fixed the rattle. I guess the drivers side tail pipe is so long it can resonate and this helps buffer it. One thing though, that hanger is a bugger to get on. All the searches I did showed the part number and one showed it installed, but for the benefit of anyone else wanting to do this...

The bracket goes on TOP of the crossmember above the tailpipe hanger. The pointy end (lol) is pretty much right above the tailpipe hanger. The other end of the hanger has a "hook" that slides into the top of the crossmember over towards the DS tire. There's a wire up there..I think DS ABS sensor, so be careful not to pinch it. The bolt part number above works, but it is WAAY too long. Save yourself some grief and get a shorter one. That part is an M8x1.25x35mm. I think would could easily get by with an M8x1.25x20mm. You won't have to blindly screw an extra half inch of bolt in.

And it is blind. If you feel on top of the cross member you can feel the bolt hole. I found it easiest to use a ratcheting wrench to tighten it up. A 3/8 ratchet with a regular socket will fit, but it's tight and hard to keep on the bolt.

Attachments

#70 ·
Get a Hemi. I'm not being a smartass. You're looking at a 3.6 liter/220 cubic inch V-6. Fiat/Chrysler has done a masterful job getting 267 lb ft out of that. 1.21 lb ft per cube is pretty good. To get more torque you need more air in the engine. Either more cubes (Hemi) or a turbo...Eco Diesel, eco boost or Cummins.

I think the 3.6 is perfect for a commuter truck that occasionally has to put something big in the bed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.