DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I installed the OEM dual exhaust

22K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  Dlb8882 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I finally got around to installing the dual exhaust with the new bumper that has the cutouts. It ended up costing me about $500. This is the muffler and tail pipes with the chrome tips from the Hemi Rams. It sounds pretty good, its a little loud at certain RPMs, but its still extremely quiet on the highway unless I really punch it to get around someone.

It all bolts right on. It took me a while to do but I was taking my sweet time, I'll bet anyone with any experience with exhausts could do this in under 2 hours. The bumper took way longer then I expected as I has to swap out the brackets and the step pad. The bumper was after market off EBay, the fitment was perfect and it looks good, cost was about $250 which is far cheaper then the OEM.

Besides the muffler, tail pipes, exhaust tips and bumper, all you need is 1 exhaust hanger for the passenger side tail pipe.

I tried to post a video on here but it won't let me. If anyone would like to see a short video please PM me with your email address and I'll be happy to send you as many videos from any angle that you want.

#33 · (Edited)
The clamps are tack welded on did you cut them off? The tips look good do you have the clamps too?

#35 ·
It turns out I found a guy locally that had some the tips. I wanted to compare the look of both.

#38 · (Edited)
After I put on the dual exhaust bumper I'll take some pics.

Attachments

#40 ·
Thanks. I'm hoping with dual exhaust and K&N air filter with the 4" airbox tube mod the 3/4 HEMI gained 5 HP. lol

#42 ·
It sounds good but of course it won't sound like a V8 and definately sounds better then single exhaust. One thing I noticed is when it's cold it has a V6 drone sound during acceleration but once the exhaust is warm that goes away. I can understand why people chose to use the standard hemi muffler over the sport muffler. It's a worthy way to get dual exhaust for the 3.6L V6.:smileup:

#44 ·
Yes it will since the length for the muffler and tailpipes are the same for Regular, Quad and Crew Cab. They make up the difference in the length of the intermediate pipe that connects to the muffler. You will like the outcome.

I wonder if the factory is going with dual exhaust for the new RAM Rebel model when it has a V6? Maybe so since they are using 3.92 gears with the V6 Rebel and that is not a offered now for the V6.

#47 ·
Yep I would love to have 3.92 gears to go with my 20" wheels.

#52 · (Edited)
If you loosen the clamps a little more there will be allot of adjustment. I had those tips on the both the stock bumper and finally the cutout bumper they are made to fit both. To line them up I used a short piece of 3/4" outside diameter hose in between the top of the tip and the bumper cutout. This helped to easily line them up when installing on the cutout bumper.

#54 ·
Yes I bought the second metal hangar that bolts to the cross member.
It bolts from the top of the cross member too so it's a tight squeeze between it and the bed.

#56 ·
The first thing I would say it was a bit hard taking out the old single exhaust and installing the new factory dual exhaust as I did it with just a jack and jack stands.

But overall it turned out awesome. Everything un-bolts off and the dual exhaust bolts on. Take note tho that you will need to install a bolt on exhaust hanger for drivers side exhaust pipe as it needs two hangers and the passenger side has one hanger. Best results of you change the bumper to a dual exhaust cut out bumper.

#59 · (Edited)
Stupid question.... it doesn't matter what cab/bed combo the Hemi dual exhaust comes off of right??? Cuz if I'm reading things right they are all the same from the muffler back to the tailpipes.... I found a like new Hemi dual exhaust, but don't know cab/bed combo, close by so that's why I'm asking.

I have a regular cab with the 6'4" bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.