DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Check Engine Light

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Kentuckyram 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Outdoorsman with the V6 and 8 Spd auto. I have 3800Kms on the truck now and the last tank of gas was down to about 1/4 when the check engine light came on (Code P1456 evap) I have a code reader, reset it and it came back on. Took it to the dealer, they said it was a old code and reset it (Did nothing to fix it!) I filled the truck up with gas, now I'm down to 1/4 tank again and the light came back on? (What a suprise as the did nothing to correct the problem from the 1st time) I love the truck, but coming from only ever having Chev/GMC trucks before (and yes they did have problems ocassionally) I am VERY dissapointed in how early in my ownership of this truck I am having issues (also the outside temp reads WAY COLDER then ACTUAL) and the DEALER service and Chrysler Customer service SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also can't get the Payload numbers confirmed as per my write up on another post.

#3 ·
I have gotten that code a few times myself, Took it to the dealer and he said they checked for leak and nothing. He said it's a common code and a software bug. Just keep a record of it.

Yes find another dealer. I bought my truck out of state, but I found my local dealer's service shop are pretty good. The salesmen are A$$holes, but i'm pleased with their service dept

#4 · (Edited)
When I spoke with Chrysler Canada they too said take it to another dealer. I live in a smaller city and the next nearest dealer is 100miles away. That would be fine to drive 200 miles to get this fixed, but begs the question WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about the dealer you dropped thousands of dollar off to????????????? Don't you think that ALL RAM dealers should be able to fix a Ram Truck? I'm confused, when I had GMC and Chev trucks I would take them to the dealer that I bought them from to have any repairs done under warranty. (That being said I had little to NO issues with those trucks for aleast a couple years) My truck has 3800Kms, and yes maybe I got a Lemon? But if I have to drive all over the country to have simple warranty done, then I think Ram has a serious customer satisfaction problem. Nice truck to drive, good fuel economy, but if I have to drive all over hell to get warranty work done any fuel savings is pissed down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because now I'm burning up fuel to get my truck fixed!!!!!!!! Subtract that from your average fuel economy and now its not so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.