DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Media Center 130 w/Glove Box USB

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
Hey guys -- I just bought a 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the Media Center 130 and UConnect including the Glove Box USB port. I have a couple of newbish questions that my searches have not answered. I have a Zune and am not surprised that it does not work with the USB port. My previous vehicle's Pioneer aftermarket deck had the same issue so I just used the aux input. but I don't want wires running to the front of the head unit junking up the good looking interior.

Has anyone discovered a fix to use a Zune in the Glove Box USB?

My usb flash drive works just fine. How about using a small external hard drive (hard drive from a laptop placed in a small enclosure with a usb connection) ? Anyone tried this? I did and it didn't work but maybe I need to tweak something that I don't know about.

Thanks in advance for any help! -- Poe

#2 ·
The USB port in the glove box will not work for Zune. It will only support music file loaded onto a flash drive or an iPod / iPhone. The only suggestion that I have is to load your music onto your phone and either stream it or download it to a flash drive and plug it into the USB connector.

#4 ·
Hmm, well this does bring a thought to mind that I will need to try next week when I find some extra time. I'm kind of curious (and have thought about it beforoe but actually just didn't try). I wonder if I got a portable external hard drive that works off of USB power, and loaded music files on it, if I could play the files thru the USB connector. HMM, If you want to hang tight I will try this next week and get back with you about it.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'm gonna have to find a huge flash drive because my phone doesn't have enough storage space for my 40gb (and growing) music library. Thanks again!

#6 · (Edited)
Apple products use a file format that is different from our radios
i am not an apple user, so i really don't know much

go to this site, it is a Jeep site, but you can take what info you need from it, it covers many of the Ram radios
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav_2.htm

this site also explains many question that some of us have had about a load of things, besides radios
http://www.wkjeeps.com/kmenu.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.