DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Noobie assistance with Alpine type s

832 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
So I got 4 Alpine type s speakers at a very good price So I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist with what is required to swap to them from my garbage stock speakers.

I have an 08 Quad cab with just the stock speakers.

These alpines are 6.5Inches.
Have done pretty much everything else on vehicles except audio, so any input and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I'm not sure what size the stock speakers are on the 08s, the 09+ are 6x9s.

If they are 6x9s, you can have an audio shop make plates to adapt a 6x9 hole for a 6.5, or buy aftermarket adapters. The aftermarket adapters might need a little trimming, but would be very easy to do.

To wire the speakers, they sell a harness that plugs into the speaker, and they has a clip that plugs directly into the dodge speaker wire harness, no cutting required.

Amazon has then cheap, sold in pairs amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007WTEVM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile .

Metra 72-6514 is the part if the link dosent work.

You'll just have to take the doors off. Again, I've only worked on 09+,but should be simple, and there's guides online for that.

#3 ·
Hm I might be able to make a plate myself at work with some sheets of metal laying around. I guess I will have to pop the doors off before hand. Very easy to do compared to some vehicles. Tip.. Never try to take the door panels off of a volvo..

So I am guessing a harness will be needed if I don't want to cutting wires.

#4 ·
Yes if you don't have a harness, you'll have to cut. The ones in the amazon link above are only about $6 a pair, so it's worth getting them.

If you make them yourself, you'll just have to make sure they're sturdy and fit correctly. Anything loose and the rattle it creates will drive you up the wall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.