DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Remote start issue

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rah 
#1 ·
I had the dealer install remote start on my truck before I bought it as it wasn't equipped from the factory. The other day I started the truck with the remote to let it warm up a cycle during the day because of the cold temps. The cycle timed out and the truck shut off. Later that day, about 5 hours later I went outside to do some snow shoveling. I saw some light coming out of my truck and walked over to check it out. To my surprise the radio was on and the dash lit up. I opened the door and saw a message on the evic saying the remote start disabled or something of that sort. The truck barely turned over to start. So the radio was on for hours. After a 15 minute cycle shouldn't everything turn off in the truck?

#4 ·
i havent had that issue before... But i know it times out if you let it run too long... i think 15 mins or so.

the only issue Ive had with it, is that sometimes it starts from nice and far away, sometimes i have to be within about 10 feet... its weird.

I asked the dealer about it and they had no idea.. works every time for them, go figure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.