DODGE RAM FORUM banner

oil pressure low light

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  finn5033 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just did my first oil and filter change on my new truck. Put in 6 qts of Castrol Syntec and a new bosch oil filter. Checked for leaks all good. low oil pressure light is coming on at idle and then goes off when giving it gas and back on again when you stop the accelerator. new oil level reading good. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I had the same issue with my woman's 2013 dodge journey and bosch filter, I didnt fire the car back up until I swapped filters(oem from dealer) problem went away. I thik it was only like 16psi with the bosch filter and 32psi with oem filter at idle.

Reactions: TechNick
#3 ·
Yup, that's exactly what the problem ended up being. I took it down to the dealership because of all the issues, low pressure light, gauge showing low, and also a different "malfunction" light was coming on. Dealer plugged it in and got a code that said there was a problem with the oil filter. They suggested changing the filter out for a Mopar and it cleared up all the issues.

No more bosch parts for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.