DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Oil filter location

Tags
oil filter
17K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  greg4ram1500 
#1 ·
Where is the oil fiter located on the 3.6l V6?

#6 ·
24 mm Socket Works

Yes for 24 mm Socket . Be careful of Aftermaket Filters . I am Using a Wix Oil Filter and "check engine light " came on. The Scanner says low oil pressure. Read another thread where a Bosch filter was used and oil pressure was 16psi compared to 30 psi with a Mopar Filter at Idle

#8 ·
Only using the MOPAR filters. bought 6 of them when one seller had them for $4.49 each.

Yes for 24 mm Socket . Be careful of Aftermaket Filters . I am Using a Wix Oil Filter and "check engine light " came on. The Scanner says low oil pressure. Read another thread where a Bosch filter was used and oil pressure was 16psi compared to 30 psi with a Mopar Filter at Idle

#7 ·
I used a Fram on my caravan 3.6L this past oil change :4-dontknow: never had any issue so far, I change my oil every 4500 miles on wifes cars because she drives hard. and run synthetic after the 2nd oil change.

I love the oil filter cartridge location on the Pentastars, very easy, mindless and clean to change. Lot easier than my Ram HEMI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.