DODGE RAM FORUM banner

8-Spd Automatic 845re transmission

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bigbird 
#1 ·
So, I have had my 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab since November of 2014 and had major issues with the transmission.
It has been in to the dealership for work a total of 5 times.
4 times they kept saying "it's a software update". Finally the thing just locked up in 3rd gear and wouldn't shift at all.
The dealership said the computer put itself in "limp mode".
They finally got the factory involved and had to have a complete new factory transmission sent to be installed.
This truck doesn't even have 3,000 miles on it and I have to drive a rental car while still making payments!
Has anyone else experienced this much headache with their truck?:doh:
I feel like I won't be able to trust the truck to even drive it out of town, much less a trip anywhere!

#2 ·
When it is returned to you, drive it like you normally drive, IF it blows up, which they don't do. Just have them do a buy back

By the way, they should have asked you what they can do to make you happier, like giving you Maximum Care Warranty for X amount of years or add Navigation to your 8.4 A radio or something else that you want

#4 ·
Yeah, neither of those have been done. I had to pay for the navigation right from the beginning as I was lead to believe that it was already in the truck, only to find out it was navigation READY, but not actually INSTALLED.

And nothing has been said about it being designed to shift harsh on coast down and to flare out when up shifting.That sounds like a bunch up crap to me.

When I do get it back, I am going to beat on it to make sure it is fixed or blow it up.
I just don't feel like I can trust it after all of this.

#7 ·
That's the main concern I have.
The dealership said they didn't have a certified tech to "fix" the transmission, therefore they had to have a complete unit shipped from the factory to install.
If they don't have anyone certified to "fix" it, are they certified to install it?
Just a shaky situation to me................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.