DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Shaking while braking

37K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Bobcat06 
#1 ·
My truck shakes when braking at fast speeds. Its almost pulsating but not. I turn the rear rotors. still have the problem. Do I replace rotors or is this a common problem. One of the techs I work with said that some shortbed trucks just do that.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Before you cut the rotors, make sure they are in spec. enough to do so(if they are not warped)...They may be worn down too much, and you have to replace them or they will be a waste of time a cut...If your steering wheel is shaking, it could be a balance issue(this would be costant though while driving), and could get extreme while your breaking...

#7 ·
:smileup:Yes sir i got to agree. I have a short box and never had any problem like this at all.Sounds like rotors, caliper. I have heard that your caliper can sometimes not engage all the way in and out. Not sure if this is the problem or not. Is there enough left on your rotors now that you turned them. If they are to thin they can warp easy with the heat and not work properly as well. Just my thoughts dont take them to the bank though. Im not a mechanic!

#8 ·
I dropped my truck off at the shop this morning for this same thing. Got a long trip coming up and don't have the extra time right now to do it myself. I thought it was the wheels, but they test drove it and said it was something in the brakes. They are checking it right now. I'll post up what they say when they call back. I know my problem might not be yours, but it might help. :4-dontknow:

#9 ·
Damn service department! They called two hours ago and said they test drove my truck and would have to look at the brakes. I just called back and they said they haven't gotten to it yet and wouldn't be able to till after 2pm this afternoon. I dropped it off at 8:15 and they won't be able to tell me what's wrong till 2?????? I have to pick up a trailer at two today. Looks like this won't get fixed till after the move.

#10 ·
i have an 2006 1500 mega cab with the HEMI that had the original front breaks done at 41,000 miles. i have the same issue too now but its coming from the rear. check your tire pressure, the recommended for me is 40 all the way around. but I run 50 instead, too wishy-washy @ 40. but as soon as I want to tow i change the rear to 70 and keep the front @ 50 and thats when I have the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.