DODGE RAM FORUM banner

new (to me) toolbox

806 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  UltraFlame 
#1 · (Edited)
after the 4 months since ive had my truck i finally got a toolbox. had a soft bed cover on it at first, but i use my truck as a truck, so that had to go...buddy of mine had a tool box at his house...20 bucks and its mine. oxidized very bad. after 3 or 4 hours of polishing and not even half way done with the FREAKIN LID, i decided to go another route. used the works calcium remover. squirted it one there and spread it around with a scrub brush and rinsed it 4 times and it got it all off and pretty. i let it sit in the sun and dry then wet it down again and rubbed some baking sode on it as a base to get rid of the works...since its pretty much straight acid. just hit the visible parts. only thing really wrong with it is the latch on the pass. side, the weld is broke on it, same with the shock mount bracket, shock was trash anyway. the weld on the latch on the driver side was starting to break, so i ran 2 self tapping screws in it. FINALLY no more tool bags, jumper cables, and random crap in my backseat.

#2 ·
Nice man, sounds like you put some work into it! Any pics? ;)

- Cajun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.