DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Braking is lighting up front parking light?!

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  iRESQu 
#1 ·
Good afternoon fellow Z'ers. I am hoping someone can help me out. When I brake, my front passenger amber lens (parking light) is illuminating. There is no rhyme or reason to this. We have installed front and rear halos but did not come into any contact with the brakes lines or wires. My halos are not set to activate in ANY way in correspondance with braking. This is really mind boggling. I have tried with the limited knowledge I have, to trace the lines and make sure they are still intact with no contact with other lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attatched are some pics of the wiring and halos.

Thanks,
Paris

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Is it just one of the front parking lights or both . I have seen a similar problem like this but not on a Dodge . It turns out that one of the elements in the brake light bulbs had broken and was touching the element for the parking light which was making it feedback through the system . The easieast thing to try Paris is take the taillights down and pull the brake light bulbs out and see if the problem goes away .

#5 ·
My fear is Dodge will/can say it is relative to the Halos, but we didn't come into ANY contact with the braking components. And my Dodge dealership is really good to me. This is also Scott's 3rd halo job. We aren't rookies to this. Really embarrassing. I go to brake and my flippin' light comes on!

#12 ·
Ok guys and gal, I finally got clear weather and a moment in my schedule to check. I removed the right rear as Tom suggested and then on to the left. Tested it BOTH times and it is still coming on. Any other suggestions? If not I can run it to the dealership, I just have such a busy schedule, finding time is like pulling teeth. Only with a little whiskey and a good pair of pliers, I can pull teeth anywhere!

#13 ·
Ok, I called the dealership and she is going in. My advisor thinks it a brake relay. I will keep you posted. (Memo to me and other members: must stop by Krispie Kreme and butter up my favorites in the service dept!) I will update you all later when I get back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.