DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It was dead anyway, but to be sure... I KILLED it.

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  RumbleRam 
#1 ·
So, I a driving home today and roll up to a red on the highway beside a surprisingly mean sounding diesel excursion. Sounded like a nicely tuned diesel. Whistled and roared beside me. Took off at the light with a nice sound and all. I gave it a bit and kept right with it. Then I looked over and actually hit the gas. Actually laid a bit of rubber into 3rd gear and was very impressed as this was the first time I've pinned it since I added the K&N drop in.

Left the excursion in the rear view and watched it come up to the next light. And smiled as he slinked off hoping I wouldn't notice him. It was never going to be a contest anyway, but it was still fun opening it up and hearing and feeling the response and realising that the drop in had actually made a difference. I knew it sounded better but until a dude on wis way home to his eight kids driving a glorified school bus decided to give it a go, I really had no idea.

It was dead to begin with, but I'll still take the KILL.

#2 ·
:smileup: A kills a kill, and it sounds like you really enjoyed it. WTG! :smileup:

#4 ·
good one, they all count.

#6 ·
Good kill bud:smileup: I have owned an F250 6.0 powerstroke and for $400.00 you can buy a tuner and have 160hp+ in your hands. Same with most diesel trucks. Im speaking for myself here. I have an 06 hemi and it has afe stage2 intake and banks monster exhaust. from deadstop or a roll there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever. The diesel truck tuned is a nasty s.o.b but you need money to be able to maintain and fix it when it breaks.

A boosted launch in 4wd is awesome! I wish we could do the same thing with our rams. Spend $400 and smoke mustangs.

I sure will miss that truck but I don't miss $80-$100 oil changes and Fuel filter changes and airfilters that cost $75.00 and the cost of diesel fuel

I love my new truck its almost the same color as my 06 charger rt was

#8 ·
Good kill. I had a minivan in mine, so don't feel bad. I'd take the excusion kill anyday over a minivan! Added bonus, his kids are now clear that dad's "big" truck can get it's ass whooped and is not as invincible as they thought. Translation: They may grow up to be gear heads like us to learn how to mod, keeping the dream alive for the next gen! ;-)

420 I'd have to agree with your meaning but not with the details on the Diesels. My oil changes run about $60-65 with filter, I only change my fuel filter once a year (for about $15), Diesel is only about $.20 more than regular here, and I have a Banks intake with a filter I have yet to have to service. So all this is really pretty close to my other RAM (close, as in only a bit more. And once I change all 16 plugs in the Hemi, then it will level the field a bit again too!) All that said, I dread if anything ever breaks as I know it will be a huge bill.

#9 ·
nice kill bud!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
I was speaking from the powerstroke point of view my dad had a cummins and loved to grind salt in my wounds about how much his oil changes were compaired to mine. I needed to keep clean fuel filters other wise I had a string of issues with the fuel injection
System. Had to keep up on maintainence otherwise I would be looking at a hefty repair bill. Injectors cost 250.00 a piece x8 not including labor.I'm not afraid to do my own work
But those trucks were a PIA to work on.
Fuel filters from the dealer were 98.00 for two one on the rail and one on the motor
I could buy that same motorcraft filter set for 43.00 from napa with my discount
My oil was 16.00 a gallon for rotella t5 x4=64
motorcraft oil at walmart 3 5 qt jugs for 36.00

As far as diesel here it is 3.79 a gallon
Plus is 3.49
And as far as mileage my ram 14.5 avg
F250 17mpg with tuner and heavy on the skinny pedal
You all are a great bunch on here and much more pleasant to newer members
It's a lot easier for me to post on here and not feel like a chit storm is heading my way.
All in all I'm just saying respect those diesels big brothers will lay a whooping on our trucks with just a tuner! I know my wife would be squeezing my nads if I was in my truck
Toying with someone at a light with my kids in the car. She would see me flip that 4wd switch and say not with us in the car! I had fast cars but nothing is more radical then an 7800 lb monster that will tow your toys around.If i could have made a trade like I did for a cummins I would have jumped on it but could not do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.