DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Gonefishin776's Build Thread

22K views 298 replies 18 participants last post by  gonefishin776 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm going to start a build thread to keep track of everything. Although it isn't much at this point. Things will start to fall into place moving into the spring hopefully. So here goes nothin! (it isn't necessarily in the correct order at first since I'm just starting it now. But from here on out it will be.)

Here she is still sitting on the lot at the dealership. Yes, that is my mother in the shot.

See less See more
Reactions: BlackHemI
#174 ·
rimzoneonline.com

thanks!

#176 ·
sold my OEM wheels and tires and got myself a tool box to clear out from under the back. now room for subs! Also I'm gonna mount fishin rod holders to the top of the tool box like my old truck. I want to take that kobalt plaque and make a custom one, will brainstorm on what to put. here she is!

#178 ·
added fishing pole holders.

#181 ·
that looks really good! how much was your toolbox??
thanks guys. It was like $300 at lowes. I could have done cheaper online probably but I have a instant gratification issue and I had cash on me from sellin my OEM wheels/tires. so i snagged the last black one at lowes.

#180 ·
that looks really good! how much was your toolbox??

#187 ·
thanks mannnn. I'm seriously proud of myself for thinking of it, I've never seen anyone else do it. I told the fishing department guy at gander mountain and was like "Oh man that's genius! I need to do that ASAP". Plus it looks bitchin drivin down the road with all those poles chillin back there. then u can put other stuff in the bed and not worry about crushing them or gettin your treble hooks tangled in everything

#190 ·
yup! there are videos in a separate thread i posted. i just loved these snap shots and wanted to consolidate them here

#192 ·
did you all see videos!???? I just want to make sure you guys get the full effect. I'm still all giddy from that trip, and hardly anyone has viewed the videos!!

#196 ·
plasti-dipped my chrome door moldings and removed my side steps. I dig the look of no steps but might order all black ones soon.

#199 ·
yaaaa little too pricey for me for not being that pressed on having steps. now when I lift (hopefully) ill want the steps for sure

#201 ·
Looookkkks sick!!!!!!!!!!

#202 ·
Those videos look awesome wish there was a place like that near me lol definitely looks better without steps

#203 ·
just for shit and giggles and it was only $40.

#205 ·
yup, saw another member who got it, then read Eric's hit and run story so I bought it.

#206 ·
that actually would be really smart to buy! I really want to buy steel bumpers front and rear just so i cant be hit from either way :smileup:

#207 ·
haha that would be sweet but $$$$$. Also, I just have to remember I have the extra bit of goodness behind my truck so I don't back into someone! I back into parking spaces 99% of the time so...gotta be careful!

#208 ·
My black nerf bars arrive today from AA. They are only the 3" rounds, but I like the smaller profile. I like my truck without the steps but my friends/fam keep complaining about having to jump in/out. hopefully installing them won't be too difficult. pics laterr

#209 ·
Sweet!
The nerfs help out great for those who are not keen on jumping in and out of a pickup
I remember when I took off my nfabs (sold them) and had a 10+ lift....
It was so brutal even for me that I had to install 1 of my stock mopar ones (thankfully I still had them at the time) till a few days later when my amps went on
That was challenge .....LOL

#217 ·
so the hardware is way more complicated for these aftermarket bars than the OEM. and the truck is still covered in mud. gotta wait till I wash it Tomorrow to install. doin spark plugs tmrw to while it's in the garage

#218 ·
new steps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.