DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2500hd's Mod Thread

11K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  AriesRam 
#1 · (Edited)
After seeing a few other fellow 2500 hemi members post up there trucks I figured it was time to put up a mild mod thread of mine. I bought the truck on Jan 19th, 2011 from the dealer I work at. I had been pricing trucks for months and by luck someone came along and offered to buy my 03 Chevy ECSB even though it was not listed. Being without a truck this was my only option so I settled with the color and went on my way.

2010 2500 Hemi SLT

My current mod list,

Amp Power Steps
Amp Bed Step
Amp Bed Extender
Nav-Tv Allgig
30" Rigid Industries SR Series Light Bar
CJC Offroad Brackets
Fuel Hostage
295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler
Added RBZ Radio
Added Mopar Back-Up Camera
Added Cabin Air Filter
Added Power Wagon Air Dam
Added Power Wagon Front Coils
Reese 15k 5th Wheel Hitch
LED Licence Plate Bulbs
Craven Speed Antenna
Depo Headlamps
Diablo Intune
Line-x

I have no pictures of it off the lot but the first things done were 285's and a Revtek leveling kit. Not pictured but completed in the following months were an RBZ radio, mopar back up camera, Nav-tv allgig, led licence plate lamps, and cabin filter. I also went to 35" Fierce Attitude's shortly after.

After the first trip to SEMA I came back with alot of mod's on my mind. I went AMP Research crazy and installed the power steps, bed step, and bed extender. Around the same time my wife and I had purchased a 5th wheel so I also had the box Line-x'd and a Reese hitch put in. I went ahead and debadged a little and removed the pillar tape.

I purchased a Diablo Intune to regain a little bit of power lost with the larger tires and to program tire size. I removed the Revtek leveling kit and installed Power Wagon coils and a power wagon air dam for a cleaner look.

By this time it was off to SEMA again. I had talked to CJC Offroad prior to the trip and was able to meet up with them and pick up their light bar brackets. I installed a Rigid 30" SR series and wired it to the factory aux switch panel I have seen people using on the forums. Also added was a craven antenna

After christmas I picked up some Depo headlamps to start my dechrome process.

And then the time finally came to get new wheels. I wanted 17" Fuel Hostage's but being unavailable in the size I wanted I moved into the 18". I came in contact with Matt @ Moe's and was able to get my 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers for a great price!

Future mod's after this so far include,
-Mopar cab lights, have them but just trying to find time to install.
-Dechrome more
-Exhaust
-Carli suspension components
-Some good quality pictures!

See less See more
#31 ·
Exhaust is in. Decided to go ahead and weld all joints except the mid pipe. We clamped it to get it where we wanted then removed from the truck and welded then removed clamps. I have to say it is pretty quiet and comparable to stock but there is a slight magnaflow growl there. Hopefully in time it becomes more apparent.

#43 ·
Haven't been on the forumz for a while. Not a lot new. Swapped out the Rigid SR to an E, had a set of cab lights smoked by retroshop, installed a carli diff guard, order a BT catch can during there sale this week. Took the truck and trailer down to Kalispell/Whitefish for a summer holiday and took a drive on Going To The Sun road. Still have flares and rear bumper waiting to be color matched. Have some other plans eventually as well.

#46 ·
Definitely a weight/power difference. My truck with the bigger tires and 3:73 gears doesn't help either. I am however satisfied with the power it has.

#47 ·
love it... these are the threads that make me want a 2500... I just dont have the need for it. Hell, I dont have the need for a truck at all, but more of a want... one day..

#48 ·
That is a wicked badass truck dude.

#51 ·
A gear swap has always been the plan, especially since I would like to go back to a 35" tire and still pull reasonably well. Gears always get pushed aside though. Right now carli suspension has them waiting.

#58 ·
Was getting my truck ready for the dealer tomorrow to have some last minute warranty work done before my 3 year coverage is up Jan 20th. One thing lead to another and before I knew it the truck was de badged. The door badges were to be replaced under warranty due to peeling but I think I will forget about that. Kind of a teaser pic, it was dark out when I finished.

#62 ·
After seeing a few other fellow 2500 hemi members post up there trucks I figured it was time to put up a mild mod thread of mine. I bought the truck on Jan 19th, 2011 from the dealer I work at. I had been pricing trucks for months and by luck someone came along and offered to buy my 03 Chevy ECSB even though it was not listed. Being without a truck this was my only option so I settled with the color and went on my way.

2010 2500 Hemi SLT

My current mod list,

Amp Power Steps
Amp Bed Stephttp://www.ramforumz.com/images/editor/separator.gif
Amp Bed Extender
Nav-Tv Allgig
30" Rigid Industries SR Series Light Bar
CJC Offroad Brackets
Fuel Hostage
295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler
Added RBZ Radio
Added Mopar Back-Up Camera
Added Cabin Air Filter
Added Power Wagon Air Dam
Added Power Wagon Front Coils
Reese 15k 5th Wheel Hitch
LED Licence Plate Bulbs
Craven Speed Antenna
Depo Headlamps
Diablo Intune
Line-x

I have no pictures of it off the lot but the first things done were 285's and a Revtek leveling kit. Not pictured but completed in the following months were an RBZ radio, mopar back up camera, Nav-tv allgig, led licence plate lamps, and cabin filter. I also went to 35" Fierce Attitude's shortly after.

After the first trip to SEMA I came back with alot of mod's on my mind. I went AMP Research crazy and installed the power steps, bed step, and bed extender. Around the same time my wife and I had purchased a 5th wheel so I also had the box Line-x'd and a Reese hitch put in. I went ahead and debadged a little and removed the pillar tape.

I purchased a Diablo Intune to regain a little bit of power lost with the larger tires and to program tire size. I removed the Revtek leveling kit and installed Power Wagon coils and a power wagon air dam for a cleaner look.

By this time it was off to SEMA again. I had talked to CJC Offroad prior to the trip and was able to meet up with them and pick up their light bar brackets. I installed a Rigid 30" SR series and wired it to the factory aux switch panel I have seen people using on the forums. Also added was a craven antenna

After christmas I picked up some Depo headlamps to start my dechrome process.

And then the time finally came to get new wheels. I wanted 17" Fuel Hostage's but being unavailable in the size I wanted I moved into the 18". I came in contact with Matt @ Moe's and was able to get my 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers for a great price!

Future mod's after this so far include,
-Mopar cab lights, have them but just trying to find time to install.
-Dechrome more
-Exhaust
-Carli suspension components
-Some good quality pictures!
So here is my question for you did your tires rub at all when you went to 35".
When you switched to Power Wagon coils was there a difference in the front Hight ?
I just installed 35" (295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler) just like you did but I have a slight rub I need to heat up the plastic and reform it.
Thanks In advance

#64 ·
Vortex911-I replaced the track bar to center my axle after levelling the front. The sway bar was part of my on going swap out to carli suspension. It helps aid in the side to side sway when on un level ground and things like approaches, driveways, ect.

Iqudayo-My 35's rubbed on the control arms when I had the steering locked either way, I can't say they rubbed the liners. I went from a 2" level spacer to the power wagon coils and lost roughly 1/4" in height. My current tires do not rub any where. My trailers dry weight is 8019lbs I believe. I have ran across the scales a couple time but have misplaced my loaded values. The bigger tires defiantly don't help with my hemi/3:73 gear set up but it gets the job done, I have no problem maintaining or surpassing the posted speed limit. I watch all my gauges closely, especially the transmission temp and have never had an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.