DODGE RAM FORUM banner

fun at the track

5K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  BlackRamHemi 
#1 · (Edited)
my wife and I took our new truck to the track tonite and had some fun. I have about 600 miles on her and so far a KnN drop in filter, and the magnaflow 22" muffler. My best run was a 14.4:smiley_thumbs_up: I must say these trucks definitely moves out. I ran 3 times and the best memory of the nite was when I took this 2011 mustang v6 by 5 car lengths;) That new mustang puts out about 300hp, and he said he was flashed so more like 320 according to him while we were lined up waiting for our turns. He was reeling me in at the end but by then it was tooooo late sucka!! LOL. He said he was spinning bad at the line. Anyways I took a few pics...thanks

#42 ·
Ok, I don't know how true this is, but my salesman told me that the computer in the 2010 Hemi only allows for the vehicle to run about 65% power until the 1500 mile break in is complete. Like I said, don't know how much truth there is to that, I don't really trust much those guys tell me, but he supposedly went to SRT school and this is what they taught him.

#44 ·
Yeah, I thought that sounded like a lot too. The reason I brought it up though is because even a little may help explain the 14.4 et while others at running high 13's. I believe he said he only has 600 miles on his truck right now. It would be interesting to know what it runs after he gets over 1500 miles on it, and see what type of difference that actually makes.

And just want to also say, I wasn't calling my salesman a liar, just never know what to believe when you talk to those guys. He sounded like a good guy, but then again...

#45 · (Edited)
grumpez, yeah when we ran that night at 600 miles on motor it I wasnt bone stock..drop in filter, muffler swap only and havent been to the strip in over 10 years. It was maybe a 80 degrees that afternoon but easily verified using this using info on my time slip. http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.phpJdustu did his best at 13.7 bone stock but in the fall.. could be in the 50s:4-dontknow: but also admit he had similar times I had in similar conditions but he was still bone stock, driver skillz:smileup:. My most recent best runs 13.8s are with the mods above plus the diablo 93 tune, 180 tstat, oem intake tube mod and hopefully driver skills improved at bit. Temps that day can be verified with calculator again. I believe DA corrected I ran a 13.7 in 70 degrees, unsure. We would like to go back and see what the new shoes and MC 2/4 drop kit has to offer..hoping to pick up another tenth or so. Really wanted drag radials which is key.. but got the General UHP street radials instead, kinda focused on headers at this time.
Sorry for any confusion, Im all for sharing accurate info as much as possible at least try to:LOL: By the way the truck cracked 6000 miles this past weekend, Puttin her out!!!

#47 · (Edited)
Wow, that's reviving an old post... have not seen autobred post around here for a long time, since he roasted his trans in February

anyway...

DA= Density Altitude

it's a combo of Altitude, Temperature, Barometric Pressure and Relative Humidity

...all of which can affect your track results, especially if you're at a high elevation and its mid summer.
I often see numbers as high as 5000' during the hot summer months, even tough I'm only at 2250 altitude above sea level.
So my best runs are typically early spring or late fall when temps are lower.

If your track is registered at Drag Times you can simply plug in the location and date from your run and it will give a list of weather conditions.
once you get the weather conditions for the time of day you made your run, enter your time slip data and the calculator will give you your DA corrected numbers

Link:

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Here's one of my slips from last Spring, and the DA conversion that shows what I would be running at ideal temps/conditions at a track near sea level (13.8/98.5 -> 13.4/101)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.