DODGE RAM FORUM banner

The beast is waking up!

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  TheSatinPumpkin 
#1 ·
When I test drove my truck I thought WOW this thing has some serious power! I bought a little truck with a big engine for a reason so yesterday I turned the traction control off and nailed the throttle from a stand still.....I was very surprised to hear it just rev through 1st and 2nd as it went into a hard fishtail! It has 1,400 miles on it and I'm starting to feel a difference in power, have you guys/girls noticed the same with your trucks?

The only other new truck I have owned (5.3 Chevy) didn't do this, thats why I'm asking.

#2 ·
Mine seems a little more spry since it went over 1000 miles. Wouldn't surprise me.

#3 ·
I only hear a couple chirps when nailing the pedal, unless im on a slight incline. Most of the time it hooks up and shoots me across the 4 lane.. in a wet pavement situation it throws itself around like on ice... this winter is going to be FUN!!!!

Chili

#5 ·
I only hear a couple chirps when nailing the pedal, unless im on a slight incline. Most of the time it hooks up and shoots me across the 4 lane

The few times that I was hard on the throttle thats what it has done, a few chirps and it was gone but yesterday was differant.....I really love this engine!!!!

G
#6 ·
I've experienced that with my SRT car. It was no slouch when new (5/2007)and it was almost a year before I got serious about mods beyond an intake and exhaust. What I found is that as the miles began to build, and I ran it with just the intake and exhaust, it got stronger, more responsive, definitely some more power was coming in.

Then I went crazy with more mods...LOL

#13 ·
I bought my truck less than two months ago with 48 miles on it......it now has almost 5k!! It will have close to 12k after the first of the year.....anyway....

I noticed it starting to really wake up at 2k but at 3k I installed the Diablo Sport 91 tune and turned the MDS off...with my California Thunder kit from Flowmaster, and my K&N this thing really began to open up. I try not to drive it too aggresively but its so tempting. Minus a few subtle mods my truck looks completely stock (all stickers under the hood so no one knows my 10+ mods). Its so much fun to blow the chevys, fords, gmcs, toys, nissans out of the water and then we get to the next light and they give me a look or they roll their window down and ask WTF am I running? LOL!

**off topic**
Spent a day 4x4 in the sand dunes at Samoa CA (great place for anyone who likes that kind of thing) and the truck was a champ!!! Even with stock tires! Had her back wheels 1/2 burried in sand and stuck it in 4low and after a little rocking she broke free. I pushed her hard and had all four off the ground at one point (glad to have the sand to soften the landing) Its no Ford Raptor in the dunes, but it handled way better than I expected. I have photos and video that I will try to post this weekend.

#14 ·
Mine has just over 2K on it, and it is starting to liven up a bunch. I didn't take it over 3K on the tach until 500 miles, and didn't try to bawl the tires until about 800, and it seemed like it took all it had just to chirp, but the other day, I just left a red light, and both tires broke loose. Actually caught me off guard. I like it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.