DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Question for those with the McGauphy kit(spindles and coil springs)

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Brad Robertson 
#1 · (Edited)
For those who are running factory size wheels and tires and have this kit with the spindles or the coil springs, do you notice your tires sticking out further than usual? Just trying to find out if anyone has this problem with the factory wheels other than those who are running aftermarket wheels. Have read of a few complaints with the spindles but not with the coil springs. Trying to find out if I switched to the coil springs from the spindles if that would help a little.

#2 ·
Yes my 2010 has mcgaughy's spindles and the wheels stick out in the front it annoys me that you buy the more expensive option and it looks stupid I don't know why in the world they would do that...but yes if you switch back to factory spindles and drop springs it will look better may not ride the same but I would rather have a different ride than my truck look like a chevrolet 2500 4x4

#4 ·
McGaughey's 4/6 drop

I just had this kit installed on my 2007 Ram and so far I love it. I'm pretty sure the wheels didn't stick out any further once it was dropped but then again I bought some aftermarket wheels. I had the wheels installed right before I drove over to have the lowering kit installed and there wasn't any difference in how far they stuck out. My kit came with spindles and coil springs. Not sure if this will help, but I hope it does! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Attachments

#5 ·
the wont stick out further because they are the same spec, just higher. They do however start the arc of travel higher. With the fender being clearanced for that arc 2" lower (spindles affect this, not the coils) they can't clear afterward, the math is just off now. I scrub 285/50-20s which would typically clear no issue....to clear try going w/ 265/50-20s, or a more offset wheel and a normal size tire. I for one will just do some fender lip cutting and call it a day.
Trucks aren't sacred to me, I'll hack a brand new one!!

#8 ·
Got any pics of the before/after? Also, were you able to purchase the front coils by themselves or did you have to get the entire kit? I have the same problem you had and will be swapping my spindles back to stock this weekend.

#9 ·
No pics yet but I will when I get it aligned this coming friday. I personally called McGauphy's and talked to Brant and told him my problem and he gave Stylin Trucks the part number for just the front coil springs. Don't think they sell only the front springs but after I told him about my front wheels sticking out he worked with me. He said I was the only one to ever call and complain about this but I told him there were other people on this forum who had the same problem. They were like 179.00 shipped to my door from Stylin Trucks. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.