DODGE RAM FORUM banner

katzkin leather?

20K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Jayincali 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the Katzkin leather installed in there 09-11 Dodge ram 1500 truck? If so, could you possibly post pictures or post your reviews on them?

Also, Is this the same leather they put into the sport models? I purchased a lonestar edition, with the cloth, and have now decided to switch to leather. So if anyone can give me some insight that would be great.

#2 ·
I don't have it in my truck, but one of my clients uses Katskin on all of their builds (mostly 2010 Camaros) and they look awesome, very nice stuff. I also used it on a 2008 Silverado I did for a client and it looked as good if not better than factory. I didn't do the install myself, but I know the seats aren't bad to do, it's the headrests that can be a pain. I do plan on doing my Ram in the future though and that is who I will use.

G
#3 ·
I don't have their kit in any of my current vehicles but I have installed 3 sets in others and I really liked the quality, fit and they lasted a long time with proper cleaning and conditioning. You can't go wrong with their stuff, IMHO.

#4 ·
While I don't have a 4th gen, I just had my Katzkins installed a month ago and I'm very happy with them. So far, the leather has stood up to my grungy clothes from work, and it's broken in quite nicely, I think the seat heaters have helped by warming up the leather to get it to form properly.

#10 ·
i just had katzkin leather installed in my 2012 lonestar today and to be honest im not completely satisfied they seem to fit loose which i understand will tighten up over time but not very appealing at first look and also the seem on the driver side is stitched wrong and causing a ugly pucker on the inside seam they are going to have to replace the driver seat cover to make me happy and if it does not shrink down and fit tighter then i am going to be very dissatisfied with this purchase which was 1123.50 installed with contrast stitching.

#12 ·
Not very good pics - cell phone camera - but here you go... I love it. But I spoke to a guy here in town with same in his truck and he warned that the leather is thin and said his tore on the side of the driver's seat after just a few months. Mine's 2 months old so we'll see - but I love it!

#13 ·
Sorry to hear you aren't happy with your Katzkin's. They won't tighten up with use,it sounds like maybe they aren't correctly installed. I'm an authorized dealer installer for Katzkin Interiors and have sold and installed close to 80 interiors in the last 2 yrs with zero complaints. I've attached some photos of my own truck that I did lat year.

Attachments

#16 ·
I had it done and am very happy with it, here is the thread with pics

#18 ·
I love my leather, the wrinkles do go away. The leather is thick as long as you don't get the vented leather with the holes.

I have read a few post of the stock leather ripping at the seams.

I'm 350lbs and the seats have held up just fine no signs of wear yet after 2+ years on them.

Attachments

#19 ·
They also held up to a break in with glass all over the seats and the thief crawling all over the seats. There is only minor evidence of scratches no holes. They are quality..

I also have Katzkin in my 94 ram the seats are from a 2004 ram that rolled and was written off.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.