DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Finally ordered my 7 inch lift!!!!!

3K views 60 replies 7 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
Its official!! just placed my order 10 minutes ago. Gonna wait for Jeremiah see what he can help me with for shocks tomorrow. Really excited to get all of this. Will be ordering wheels and tires in 2 weeks and then looking for a place to get it all installed.

#6 ·
When I needed a lift, I felt so alone here in the Des Moines area. I searched high and low to no avail. I walked miles in the snow, uphill both ways until I stumbled across a greasy little shop, tucked between two abandoned buildings, blocking out the sun, creating a tunnel of darkness and doom. It was as if it was a prophecy . The little man in the shop looked at me sideways and said "Sure!.....we can lift yur truck!". I was so exhausted that I succumbed to the siren song of this strange, mesmerizing voice....

#12 ·
so am i.lol
Im loving the headlights. still running great, my only problem with them as been as i posted awhile back ago was that i couldnt adjust them fully.my right one wouldnt go up any higher.and my left one wont go as low as the right one to match it.weird. actually thinking of sending in my stock ones to have them done also since i will be lifting the truck now i kinda like the stock ones so im debating on it for awhile

#21 ·
You guys and all your mod talk is going to get me in trouble!! I just ordered the 6 inch CST lift, which I know is really only a 4 inch but it will be a 4 inch leveled lift…lol. After the lift and wheel/tires my kid will be wearing the same clothes for the next 3 years now…lol j/k

#27 ·
Performancelifts.com tried to call them but no answer. oh-well either it comes or they call me and tell me i have to get the 7 inch. i was worried about the 7 because the back still only goes up 4 which i think will give it the baja look of the front being higher. i could be wrong and sure i am...lol. where did you order yours from? have you thought of a wheel/tire combo? picked mine out when i was just going to do a level kit, so now i hope they still look and work well with the 6 inch lift. trying to do all this for the first time ever has to be the most difficult thing to do EVER, IMO.

#29 ·
Thats where i ordered mine from also.i think performance lifts just makes there own cst 6 inch lift with cst parts and makes it a kit.because if you read the description of the 7 inch lift and the one of the 6 inch lift it is all exactly the same they just swap out one or 2 parts off the 7 inch kit and make a 6 inch one.thats my guess atleast from all the reading i did for the last few months.yea i have everything picked out already.just have to wait for the funds.should have it all in a month.will order wheels and tuner most likely in 2 weeks then tires and flares(if i decide on them) 2 weeks after that.i chose the 35/12.5/20 trail grapplers and the tuff t01 wheels.i think itl look pretty good once all togethor. and yea your not gna get anyone to answer they are closed on the weekends.and i couldnt get anyone to answer yesterday when i ordered mine either.They are all at the King of The Hammers event in Johnson Valley.emailed and got a reply.

#31 ·
yeah ive been reading both kits and like you said it looks the same except for one thing. on the 7 they add the front springs which lift 3 inches. so as you know the 4 inch spindle and 3 inch springs gives you the 7 inches up front, as for the rear its still just the 4 inch. the 6 inch lift is the 4 inch spindle and a 2 inch spacer to get the 6 inches of lift. i went and picked out my wheels/tires yesterday. i went with chrome Moto Metal 961 with the red inserts and a set of 295/60/20 trail grapplers. when i chose those i was just going to do the leveling kit, but now since im doing the whole lift i hope they still look good. like i said i am new to all this truck mod stuff, and wasnt trying to insult your intelligence with the lift explain. just being in the military i have found 2 sets of eyes are better than one. maybe you seen something i missed.

#32 ·
Oh no beleave me you and I are in the same level of knowledge as far as all this goes.i know nothing about this stuff fastnugly has given me tons of advice.lol. I wasnt trying to explain to you I was just pointing out what I thought they did.lol.

#36 ·
I saw someone mention warranties.

Anything aftermarket that the dealer can say affected the warrantied part will void the warranty.

Examples:
Your 4c clutch pack blows in the trans. The Dealer states the oversized tires and angles caused this issue. Granted, bigger tires are harder on transmissions. Therefore, your transmission is not covered under warranty. This would be a very picky dealer.
Candy08 just had his 4c clutch pack go out. His dealer however, said that it wasnt because of his lift. (Really it was a mix of diablo, lift, and him killing it daily). BUT, they warrantied it.

For me, I work at dealer. So all my parts are covered. Unless:
1) It is something the lift directly replaced (RCX will cover their parts).
2) Chrysler requires pictures of the truck. Sometimes Chrysler reps will require pictures to say they will warranty it. If this happens, most likely they will say no. Luckily for me, Chrysler usually does not require pictures unless it is an interior issue.

Conclusion:
You are at risk of losing 90% of your warranty. However, if you have good relations with a dealership or find a laid back dealership then you could be fine and have all the expensive parts warrantied. It's easy to get mad at dealers, but it is true that we ask the trucks to do things they were not "originally" built and warrantied for. If one dealer does void your warranty, then try a couple others. Hopefully you can find one that is relaxed and willing to help.

#39 ·
Stay tuned then because in 1 week i will order the wheels.2 weeks later the tires and programmer.then still undecided on pocket flares or not. So do you think i got what is supposed to be there?? im guessing it says 4 inch lift kit since i still need to wait for the 3 inch spacers to come in.

#41 ·
Well shocks i want to go with the bilstein 5100's all around.Still wating on Jeremiah from discount auto performance to let me know whats up with them but still waiting on him so i can order them.the wheels I am wanting are the TUFF T01's heres a pic of them.

#43 ·
No not yet trust me im dying to get it all done but have to wait for paychecks from work to come in first. and luckily i wont need any of my tax money to buy all of this so i will definitely have alot of money once my taxes arrive for more mods.lol. looking for new ideas already. Can you talk with jeremiah he was supposed to call me yesterday so i can order my shocks but hasnt yet. Pics of final product all installed will be posted around end of march. but weekly pics of all the parts arriving will be posted soon as they arrive.

#51 ·
Just got everything done with Discount Auto Performance. Definitely recommend will do everything they can to make sure you get what you need. I ordered the Bilstein 5100's and looking forward to getting everything else.in the mean time i have a spare 160 so what can i get?? any ideas??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.