DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Gettin pissed now!!!!

3K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 · (Edited)
Ughhh so week 5 after the initial 6-8 week estimated build & deliver date, and no change in status. Truck is built and complete, been sitting for a month in Mexico waiting for a railcar. I've reached out to a friend who works for CP Rail, and he admits there was a shortage but only on eastern Canada not the US or Mexico.... So I'm getting a bit pissed off now, it's not the dealer, so I can appreciate them taking the brunt of my frustration. But I'm stuck with work piling up and I'm looking at a rental from my work to get the workload lightened. Doubt Dodge/Chrysler would pay for the rental.

I don't like waiting but if there was a plant or assembly issue I can understand, but if the truck us done and it's just sitting there...well that's a different story.

#2 ·
I do see a news last week about the past winter been extremely snowy and stormy. and shortage of rail cars in the U.S. no body likes waiting game, that's why i tend to buy them off the lot. that been said, there is a volume dealer near me that has pretty much any thing stocked. you'll get it eventually, but do take time on delivery as they will most likely be parked on earth without a roof. however it is disturbing that you need it now and have to work out a rental. good luck!

#3 ·
I expected to wait for an ordered unit, no one had a 14' with Air ride and the fifth wheel/ gooseneck set up, so that's the only reason I was forced to order, but the truck was completed back in Feb. Just sucks I have to wait and now spend money on a rental I don't really want...but the a the brakes I suppose.

#4 · (Edited)
Today i saw about 50 auto transport rail cars, all empty
There was a single engine backing the line of rail cars into a shipping yard here in San Diego
A company called PASHA has a ship that just goes from San Diego to Hawaii & Guam
Over the weekend it docked & the rail cars will be hauling all of the older rental cars & private vehicles that were aboard that ship
The ship can hold somewhere up to 2500 vehicles at a time

Here is a picture of it either loading or unloading

#5 ·
Well it's funny how 24hrs and a call to the dealer wanting a status update does. I received a VIN this morning and was told the truck is assigned a railcar and is awaiting an arrival date.

Now I don't know if it's the dealer trying to screw with me to keep me happy, but getting a VIN was reassuring it was on its way. Next call in the morning is to my insurance company to verify the VIN. Hahaha if it's not my VIN.....well the dealer doesn't want to know what happens if they lied to me lol....... Oh well, I could have bigger problems than impatience

#7 ·
Ughhh so week 5 after the initial 6-8 week estimated build & deliver date, and no change in status. Truck is built and complete, been sitting for a month in Mexico waiting for a railcar. I've reached out to a friend who works for CP Rail, and he admits there was a shortage but only on eastern Canada not the US or Mexico.... So I'm getting a bit pissed off now, it's not the dealer, so I can appreciate them taking the brunt of my frustration. But I'm stuck with work piling up and I'm looking at a rental from my work to get the workload lightened. Doubt Dodge/Chrysler would pay for the rental.

I don't like waiting but if there was a plant or assembly issue I can understand, but if the truck us done and it's just sitting there...well that's a different story.
It is also more than just a shortage of railcars. It is also the routing. Because everything is behind in the rail system, it impacts how the trains are running. Do a search on Chicago rail delays as an example. I think it is something like 30 hours to get through Chicago by rail.

Not sure how your truck will route from Mexico though.

#8 · (Edited)
Heavy Duty Rams with Air Ride have been on Hold in Mexico

I believe that i read that were just released

This was posted just today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreer902 View Post
SPP do you know if the 2500's with air suspension have been released from QA? i had heard rumors none have been shipped yet

(spp replied)
As of yesterday, yes. They are in the process of leaving the factory now.

It wasn't exactly a QA but "containment" which means "We could release these but we want to run a few more final tests to ensure as little goes wrong in customer hands."

#14 ·
It wasn't exactly a QA but "containment" which means "We could release these but we want to run a few more final tests to ensure as little goes wrong in customer hands."

I wish they would have keep mine for a extra few days, noticed while putting on my Rigid lightbar that the bumper doesn't line up and is rubbing the paint off it. Into the dealer and they took some pics of it, sending to Chrysler Canada and then possibly to body shop, probably take a month to hear back from them.:doh::4-dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.