DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnaflow and Borla Muffler

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Fury 
#1 ·
Thursday I had my Borla Muffler installed on the truck. The shop I went to installs Magnaflow mufflers on some of the Rams that the dealership brings them before they sale them.

He was asking what type of muffler I wanted and I told him Borla. He thought I was crazy for getting a Borla since they cost more. He seemed dumb founded.

I had heard the Borla and Magnaflow on youtube and I liked how both of them sounded but having a sports car I know the Borla product.

Before he installed the muffler he wanted me to come out to look at the truck. He stated that local dealership complained about length of the tail pipes after he installed the mufflers.

He showed me before he even stated cutting the muffler off that the left tailpipe is a little off of the right. He said the dealership that he was messing the trucks up while installing the muffler.

After he installed my Borla he asked if I liked the sound of it. Which I did. He also said that the Borla muffler sounds just like the Magnaflow muffles that he installs for the dealership.

So, if you debating on a Borla or Magnaflow muffler. They sound the same and your paying for the name since they both have the same warranty. I told him I thought the Borla were lighter in weight, but without a scale we couldn't tell by picking up one of each.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Yup, I pretty much ran into the same thing. I've had both before and found they pretty much sound the same so I went with the Magnaflow on my Ram.

I run a dual system with an X pipe on my 300C SRT8 and Magnaflow mufflers. I like it!

#3 ·
Well i can only say that i have had magnaflows. Never borla...but i hear nothing but good things about both. Thanks for telling us about the sound.I never knew that and im sure some members will appreciate it as well.As long as your happy iam too!:smileup:

#7 ·
I would love to do one but I don't have a video recorder.

How's the Borla and Magna flow sound when the MDS kicks in? does it sound like it's got a fart can on it?

just curious, as I've heard that is how the flowmasters sound...

Exco
I'm not sure since I haven't heard a flowmaster when MDS checks in. I'm still don't know really what it is. Fart can I don't think so.

If I have it on cruse around 60+ I can hear the muffler if that is what your asking but it isn't loud. :4-dontknow:

#5 ·
How's the Borla and Magna flow sound when the MDS kicks in? does it sound like it's got a fart can on it?

just curious, as I've heard that is how the flowmasters sound...

Exco

#6 ·
I think with Borla your paying for more than the sound.. Performance, weight & warranty. I love my Borla system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.