DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mopar bed liner

8K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  BlackDropEffect 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just bought the 1500 Express and ordered the Mopar bed liner for it. The problem is that it sticks up in the middle about 4" . The dealer is telling me that it will straighten out once the weather gets warmer. Has anyone had this problem? Is the dealer correct? I live near Atlanta so it's not terrible cold here.

#2 ·
hello and welcome from Gwinnett county :D as for your issue i really couldn't tell you

#5 ·
I just bought my 2012 ram as well and my bed liner is lifting up in the middle as well, right at the edge by the tail gate. The dealer already had the bed liner in the truck when I bought it so I didn't have a choice in the matter. But I am taking it in Saturday for them to deal with.

#6 ·
Those plastic bed liners will have issues
they can fly out, i had to pick up many of them along the California Highways
they move around in the bed & rub the paint off & that means rust
sometimes they warp, as you noticed

a BEDRUG has a better warranty & only costs a bit more
a Spray in Liner also has a good warranty & costs about the same as a Bedrug

#10 ·
Please let me know what your dealer says. Mine is blaming it on the 'cold' weather , we are in the 60s during the day and 40s at night. I bet it is much colder in Nova Scotia this time of year.
I will let you know when I find out. It is usually colder this time of year than it is right now but the temps vary between probably 15 at night and 30 during the day.

#8 ·
In past Rams I've had bed liners, no liner and on my new 2012 QC I have RhinoLiner which I think is the best choice, nothing slides on it and between the Rhino and the Ziebart underneith nothing is going to rust. Ziebart gave me a great deal on the combo along with window tint.

Jim in Pa:smileup:

#9 ·
I had that issue in my 06 and it was mopar liner, it would blow up the middle pretty high as to being able to see it above the tailgate. Sure people were saying what the heck. It never got a point though where it would blow out, seems like in the front and sides it was pretty well stuck in. Only happened though in certain windy conditions, though maybe velcro would help keep it down but got rid of the truck and never tried to fix it. Yeah the line-x in my new truck is nice and looks a whole lot nicer then a bed liner though cost 5X as much also I guess.

#15 · (Edited)
I plan to get Line-X spray-in at some point. I'm afraid so much paint has been rubbed off my bed from the plastic liner that the bed rug is no longer an option (rust). Another problem with the plastic liner is the loss of precious space, AND it blocks some access to the tie-down hooks. I'm really not feeling the love for the plastic liner. I want rid of it.

#16 ·
I plan to get Line-X spray-in at some point. I'm afraid so much paint has been rubbed off my bed from the plastic liner that the bed run is no longer an option (rust). Another problem with the plastic liner is the loss of precious space, AND it blocks some access to the tie-down hooks. I'm really not feeling the love for the plastic liner. I want rid of it.
My brother had one is his ford thing blow out on the freeway

#18 ·
I purchased a rubber bed mat with the dodge logo from local dealer and it just lays in the bed. Have had the vehicle up to speed limit and it is fine. It has tail gate piece also.

#19 ·
Don't rule out combinations either.

1. I had a liner in my last truck, and it never moved, but it covered up most of the tie-downs, and had no drainage holes. Everything back there always slid around.

2. I sometimes need to haul yard waste, mulch, and even dirt, so I really didn't want a bed-rug on the new one.

3. I was leaning toward the spray-in, and my only concern was the rough surface on the knees, etc.

I ended up adding a perfectly fit bed mat to the spray-in, and I'm REALLY happy with the result. Nothing moves around on the mat, all my tie-downs are still accessible, and it drains perfectly.

#20 ·
was that a rubber bed mat you added? I am leaning toward a trifecta cover over a bed rug. I avoid manual labor and all associated peripherals (tools, supplies, etc) like the plague so I think it would fit my style better. I have avoided spray-ins specifically because they are so rough but your solution sounds like the better all around solution.

#21 ·
Yup, rubber.

I wish I knew what brand/model it was because it looked/felt/fit way better than I expected. The dealer suggested it and got it for me for about $100.

I'll have to look back through my stacjk of original docs I got to see if I can find any other info on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.