DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Em pee Gees

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Lake O Hunter 
#1 ·
Just bought an 06 1500 4x4 mega cab with the 5.7 and 325/65/18s. I have yet to see over 10mpg out of this pig yet I hear of so many getting in the teens... I know the tires and 2.5"/1.5" aren't helping but what should I be looking at?
(Yes I know HEMIs get horrible FE lol)

#3 ·
I have an leveled '07 hemi with 35x12.5x17 M/Ts on it (they do run small, maybe 34x10.5) but i get 15-16 highway and 12-13 city.

I run 91-performance tune form superchips
aFe stage II intake
flowmaster exhaust

give her a good tune up. spark plugs, clean the air filter, TB..etc.

see if it doesn't improve any.

those are really really low numbers. those tires shouldn't be hurting you that bad though

#5 ·
autoanything.com

tell them you are with ramforumz for the 16% discount. i even got a free shirt. free next day shipping.

also bullysperformance here on the forum price matches

#18 ·
autoanything.com

tell them you are with ramforumz for the 16% discount. i even got a free shirt. free next day shipping.

also bullysperformance here on the forum price matches

Im going this route just for the free t shirt! lol

#7 ·
you'd have to keep an eye on the classifies here or places like craigslist.

just make sure it's "unmarried" before you buy it

#8 ·
if you are running bigger than stock tires your speedo will be out and you will be using the wrong miles to calculate mpg.

http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

use this and add the percentage to your calculation

#9 ·
very true.

my truck is recalibrated with my superchips tuner so i go by my MPG readout above the rear view mirror

#13 ·
And I just noticed your chip receipt... 288 isn't terrible
no not at all.

if you do get something to recalibrate your tires (which I bet will help your MPG read out) make sure you physically measure your tire height, don't go by what it's supposed to be by the info on the sidewall

#12 ·
You may also see better mileage If you hand calculate your MPG
I know that my Ram EVIC MPG average is off, as is my odometer reading by close to 3 miles per 100 miles

#15 ·
I think it's just the "new version".

it'll do all the same stuff.

#16 ·
I have an 08 QC 4X4 and over the last year I average 12. even. That is using the mileage from the odometer and using an app on my phone. Highest I got was 14.58 and lowest is 10.71. I just installed a Volant CAI and a Diablo inTune and just filled up so interested to see in this next tank what it is like.

#17 ·
i don't want to assume anything, so are you resetting the computer to check mileage or just resetting every tank?

#24 ·
My best mileage increases come whenever I listen to Howard Stern. No hurry to get anywhere. SiriusXM FTW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.