DODGE RAM FORUM banner

diablo sport trinity vs bully dog gt

11K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  MikeSumthin 
#1 ·
I have researched both of these products and I'm just wondering if anyone has a little more insight on comparing these programmers. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

#3 · (Edited)
Yup, like Gecko said, I would not even think about it, even if the Bully dog factory tunes are better than Diablo, at least you can move it from one vehicle to another without paying 250$ each time to do so, also the diablo is a programmable unit that can accept external tunes like hemifever and whitelighting, also if you want to play around yourself with it, its fully capable of personal programming. BD was great if you just wanted a tuner with the stock tunes and use it around on your vehicles but since there new policy its not worth crap.

you can check out the above mentioned link and also this one about Bully Dogs Bull Sheet.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153284

#6 ·
Pride,
I'm just about to pull the pin and get one, any info you can give me as far pro's and con's and which Trinity did you get. Trying to decide on the Trinity or a Throttle Body. Any info greatly appreciated.

I wish someone who has a 2013 would chime in and help too....

#7 · (Edited)
Diablo has not released tuning for the 13's yet

I have used a BullyDog GT, Superchips Cortex and most recently a Diabosport Trinity (on my 2010 Hemi)
Trinity is hands down the Top Tuner out of the three for pure performance, only one to get me into the 13's NA (13.89/98.5)
... the others came up short and were promptly sold.

*Number of Display Gauges available
*Custom Gauge Layouts you can configure
*Custom Tuning Capable to match your mods
*Data Logging capabilities

#12 · (Edited)
Come on BlackRamHemi, it's going to be ok. No need in getting the blood pressure up bud. He's just asking a question man. And for any 2013 owners, the BDGT Hemi plus is still a decent tuner for running canned tunes with an intake, and exhaust. Yes the Diablosport Trinity is much better towards custom tuning IF that is what you really need but for those of us who have no intention on installing a bigger throttle body, performance cam, transmission, or a blower, then the BDGT will work fine. :smileup:

#13 ·
My blood pressure is just fine
I fully expect Diabo to make their official announcement at SEMA in November
for release of their 2013 Hemi Rams, beta testers have already been fine tuning for the last two months.

...and will be well worth waiting for over buying a Bully Dog tuner.

I sold my used BD GT for $250, after buying it new originally for $450 in 2010

If I had to pay $250 to unlock it for the buyer I would have made nothing on the re-sale
...which is about the value I would put on that turd of a tuner compared to Diablo Trinity.

JMHO, buyer beware

#15 ·
I have the BD on my 13 and it works great. More power, better throttle response and it shifts way better than stock. No more lag time when I hit the gas, and the trans shifts much better. Also, I shut off traction control, mds, seat belt chime and moved my shift points up to 5960. Best bang for the buck mod. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#19 ·
Trinity for sale?

Not looking to compete but I am interested in knowing how much you are wanting for the Trinity? I am scheduled to take my truck in to CCMR here in Alberta and they are offering the Trinity to me for $549.00 plus $30.00 installed and $70.00 for custom tune with 2 pulls on dyno (before and after install) for $125.00. I think that's a sweet deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.