DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Injector Products ... MUST SEE THIS!!!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackDodgeRam2004 
#1 ·
Hello all, Glad you made it to my thread.

I have recently hit 95K miles on my hemi. I keep up with the service of my truck oil, rear diff, make suring everything is lubed, the basic stuff.

But my question is, What would be good for my truck now?
A tune up? whats included in a tune up?

Is it a good idea to change out the spark plugs and wires now?

I saw this Injector product by royal purple and a couple other brands, Do these actually work?

Ive been pondering about a Diablo tuner/bully dog: which one is good?

#2 ·
At near 100000 miles I would go off the owners manual maintenance schedule and get all you can afford, done. As far as tuners, depends on how much mods you plan on putting into your Ram. Bullydog runs around 400 whereas the Trinity runs around 600. Oh, before I forget, BIG CONGRATS on hitting your 95000 mile mark in your truck man! :smileup:

#3 ·
You are definitely gonna want to change the plugs out. And you shouldn't have wires, you have coil packs. Royal Purple is good, so is Seafoam, which is what I run through my intake and gas tank to clean the injectors and intake. Yes they work. As far as tuners, Gantman has some good advice. It does depend on what mods you have. I run a Super Chips in mine.

#4 ·
yea even now I have been going off of the schedualed maintenance from the book. I figured out that I am going to install a catch can now that I have done a little more research on them. I dont want all that extra crap going back into my engine. plus maybe ill get a little power back that my brain thinks it has lost over the years..... other than that I would love to put a ripp supercharger on my truck and 6" lift, headers, its my 2nd vehicle so its going to be a nice lil toy

#5 ·
thats what I ment the coil packs, do the coil packs go bad/ is there a limited life on them?

#7 ·
I'd run seafoam through the system before doing an oil change. You're due for a fluid swap as well if you didn't do one at 80K. RP is good, I ran it because i can pick it up a local store, but I'm switching to Amsoil that I'll be ordering through Bully's Performance. A little less cost for same/slightly better endurance when beating on the new engine.

Plugs should definitely be swapped, and as has been said, don't bother with a coil pack unless one craps out on you. If you haven't done a plug swap before on the hemi, get a few 3" extensions and a u-joint for your ratchet, the 5 & 7 plugs are a b!tch to get to because of the vacuum booster.

I added some infor about the 3rd gen catch can in your other thread, so have a look, it's worth doing.

#8 ·
Seafoam Gas system cleaner

Hulk,

I tried that Seafoam fuel injector cleaner and I never thought it would make a difference. :Wow1: I could not believe it I thought my truck ran good and it did no problems but now, :SHOCKED: it runs awesome. I got in to the throttle and the difference on power and acceleration...is awesome. I am impressed with it and it 10 bucks a bottle will treat up 25 gallons of gas. Highly recommend it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.