DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Are 22's to small for the new ram thats lowered???

14K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  MoparMike10 
#1 ·
hey guys this is my first american made truck. im wanting to lower the truck asap and was wondering if 22's are to small with this truck once lowered? what do you guys think. i really want a 4/6 drop or 3/5 minimum. lets hear your input.

#6 ·
I think it would look good. Though I believe that it all comes down to having the right rim and tire and also the sidewall amount.

You have rims in mind?

Iam in the same boat as you , iam ready to slam the truck with wheels but i haven't seen any truck yet to catch my eye. Maybe after Sema i will see something for our trucks and share with the board.

#3 ·
In my opinion if your going with a 22" get as much sidewall as possible and try to stay away from wheels with a deep lip. It seems to make the wheels look smaller than a wheel without a lip. If your going 24's with less sidewall then get a wheel with a deep lip. just my $0.02

#5 ·
I have 22s with a 45 series tire on my 2/4 drop and honestly most people still think they're 20s because they just don't stand out with the size of the trucks. You can run 24s and still run a 40 series tire with a 3/5 and maybe with a 4/6, just depends on the width of the front wheels; You'd possibly be tucking a little bit with a 40 series on 24s, but roll the fenders and you should be fine.

It makes a big difference in the ride quality when you move from a 40 to a 35 series tire, so be prepared for a slightly harsher ride with the 24s, and you should really upgrade the shocks and brake pads when moving to any oversized wheel to compensate for the added rolling mass and to decrease some of the roughness in the ride.

#7 ·
I'm currently running 2/4 with the stock 20's and I get a lot of rubbing when backing up at an angle. Just my opinion, but I plan on sticking with 20's so I can keep the sidewalls a little taller. I will be going with a tire that has less than 6.5 inches of sidewall though. I would love 22" wheels, but with the cost difference and hassle, I will be sticking with the 20's for now.

#12 ·
I'm running 24's on mine and will be dropping it when I save up for the kit.

#20 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my 2010 Ram with a 2/3 lowering kit, 24x9 wheels painted to match the body and 295/35R24 tires.

#21 ·
Here's mine with 2/3 drop on 24x10

#22 ·
Great lowered truck to each of y'all...I still want a rcsb truck too lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.