DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Brand Spanking New 2012 Ram 1500 Express

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Chunkem 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Jay and I joined the forums today. I picked up a brand new 2012 2wd Ram 1500 Express. I saved up for a new vehicle, sold my old 1996 Saturn SL2, and bought this Black Beauty straight out! Such a comfortable ride, and the power is amazing! One downfall is the gas mileage compared to my old Saturn, but everything else makes up for it.

Completed Upgrades:

-Window Tint
-Mud Flaps

Upcoming Upgrades:

-Swap out the muffler for a Flowmaster leaving the stock resonators
-4300k HID's for both Low/High and Fogs (Anyone experience flicker?)
-Audio upgrade (Pioneer System)
-R/T Hood
-Bed Cover
-Brake Controller

There is one upgrade in mind but I'm not sure if it's possible. I realize I have the "One-Wheel Wonder" 3.55 and I'm wondering if I'm able to upgrade to 3.92 LSD.

Also, is the bedliner supposed to be bulging up?

Here's a few pics of my new Ram...

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the ride!! Haha, love how you mentioned the fuel difference between the ram and the saturn!!! I got quite a chuckle out of that! I do not see where your bed liner is buldging up though. Not sure if anyone has had that issue (maybe due to fitment?) but mine is not. Also, yes you can upgrade to the 3.92, but it can get costly unless you are proficient enough to perform it as a DIY project.

#4 ·
I figure it would be costly, perhaps it's best to save that in the long run. As far as the bedliner problem, I took a few quick pics to show an example and I was also told by the dealer it was done on purpose so it can line out flat as the sun hits it in which this case...I have my doubts.

#5 ·
Yeah, I am not too sure about that. Maybe someone else will disagree, but mine certainly did not look like that. Let that baby out in the Florida sun for a few days and see what happens. I would definately keep the pictures youve taken, and if it does not go down, then take it back in and have them replace the liner.

#7 ·
From one new member with a regular cab express to another Welcome!:smiley_thumbs_up:

Since the truck is so new I would bring it back to the dealer and have them work on it.

As for the rest of the truck, what's not to like about it??? :smiley_thumbs_up: So far I'm enjoying mine. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#8 ·
#9 ·
Sweet truck man! If i did not have to lug alot of kids around all the time, ( Grandson, Neices and nephews, etc) Then it would be a single cab for me so I could really get some offroad action going on it. Great truck...Go Express!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.