DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mods Up to Now

106K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  Johnmay 
#1 ·
OK so I have done a bunch of mod's and never really posted images of what has been done to the truck. So here is what has been done till now.

2012 Ram 1500 SXT trim, purchased 27 March 2012

Window in channel Deflectors, Mopar Mud Flaps, Full front and back with center Floor protectors, sheep skin seat covers, front only, should get the rear when they find a big enough sheep to cover the thing with lol

Chrome hood deflector, Stainless Bull Bar, PIAA 520 Driving Lights with 55Watt HID kit by Retro, Clear Headlight protection Film, HeadLight Hi/low HID 55watt kit by Retro

Stubby Antenna, love this thing, works great

Stainless Nerf Bars

Stailess Raptor Rails

Stainless Mopar Exhaust Tip

Encore Tonneau Cover

Reese Clamp on Aluminum Step

Mopar Tail Gait Electric lock, Tail gait anti-theft lock, EZ down Tail Gait Strut, Spare Tire Anti Theft, Mopar Reverse Sensor.

Locking Gas Aluminium Door

Ultra Wheels Nomad Aluminum Rims

Mods to come, Fender Flares "they are in the shop being painted the truck color", Mopar Remote Start and Cold air intake "on-order should be in soon", Dash Mat Ultra Dash protector "its in the mail",

Well thats it for now, should be undercoating her in the weeks to come, and also a rust inhibitor inside all panels doors and bed.

Till the next mods, Later Everyone, thanks for checking it out.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey fastNugly, thanks, as for the fender flares I picked up some
OE STYLE FENDER FLARES SET OF 4, NO DRILL, BOLT ON, OEM FASTENER

I ordered the one's you can have painted, the surface will take a primer and paint and so I am having them painted the same color as the truck.

As for other mod's, want a programmer if ever they get one, I also want to swap out the exhaust to a dual, same as whats there now (comes out behind the rear passenger wheel), they have a kit you can add that to the driver side also with a catback exhaust. I had my calipers powder coated red on my 32 year old Porsche I rebuilt, and really like the look, so i may get these ones done also. Also under the rear seat you can get a tool box that fits there, that I want also

In my mods I also forgot to put as mod's

The under hood Light

I

#6 · (Edited)
I really love this thing, its really solid, and works easy, I can install, remove and fold up any way I want and do it alone, no need extra hands. There's quite a few who also recommend the Bakflip but I have not seen it, and when I needed to buy one, I had a friend that had the encore on his truck and I liked it so I picked one up.

Thanks for the comments :smileup:

#7 ·
Thanks Madsoul, Ya, I got to admit, some days I think maybe a bit too much, then I see it in the shade and I like the look. Don't get me wrong, I like a sweet sexy truck with no chrome on it also. When the fender flares get finished I will post some pics.

Thanks the the comments :smileup:

#8 ·
The flares will really set the look of your truck off. I couldn't believe how much of a change they made to my truck and then adding in the new wheels and tires I felt like I had a whole new truck.

#10 ·
Thanks M.Scipione, I'm trying to keep up with all you guys lol, actually no the bumper is none painted, original plastic from the factory, I use a polymer wax on it, well on everything, the stainless, the chrome and the plastic, but maybe its just the lighting that gives it that plasti-dipped look?

#17 ·
Well got tired of waiting for mother nature to cooperate and stop pissing on my truck, and after a few emails complaining to her, she finally gave in and let off the rain for a few hours, only needed 15min and the carbon Cabin Air filter with Mopar cap was installed and filtering. Some people was asking if it really cut down on air flow once installed, and you can notice it, but its not that much. I actually find it cut the sound of the whirling fan down, you don't hear it as much. All in all, inexpensive mod that was easy to install, will keep the crap out of the cabin and should of been there when I bought the truck LOL. I guess the guy at Chrysler that made the decision not to provide one when you buy the truck brand new is a car guy like us and figured it was a mod we could install ourselves so we could play with our trucks. :D Who knows.

#21 ·
I think its minor that is still noticeable, but bet you in a month I wont even think that, and my interior will be nice and clean, especially its pollen season here now, the truck is yellow on the out side, nice and clean on the inside lol

#30 ·
Here are the pics for the Cabin Air filter thingy about the 2 notches that need to be cut out in the bottom part of the Air filter area for the 2 protruding from the Mopar cover.

Here are the pics I said I would post about those small holes and the pins that go in them, not great pics but hopefully you can see what I mean.

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
Thanks truckin88, I have not done any real nice shots of the truck yet, just have not had time, but here's one from my phone that might give you a better Idea.

this was a weeks after I bought it

And here is this morning before going to work.

hope those ar eok, if not, let me know, will try and do some better ones.

#40 ·
Thats what I was thinking when i did them, see here it was winter so I had to get winter tires on the truck, its a law in Quebec. The Dealer installed me 4 winters on the Chrome rims that came with the truck and he put the 4 summers in the box.

I oredered them from tireRack, with everything except the tires, when i got the rims in, I had the tires installed and balanced, so when winter comes alone, I just swap them.

The Wheels are made by Ultra Wheels
here are the specs.
Front and Rear

• Center cap included

I like them, just would not use them in the winter, the salt would kill them. And they was cheep, solid and I actually liked the look, they were not those thin wheels like you see on a civic lol.

#44 ·
Hey Fast, got the 18, I wanted to go 14 but I have to drive clients now and then and wanted something not too hard on the ears in the cab, and the 24 would of been way to close to stock, so I went for middle ground. Hopefully did the right choice.

#49 ·
Here we go, got my Mufflex dods18 today, put the truck up on the ramps and pulled the stock one off, installed the Mufflex in like 30min lmao, this install was almost as easy as my cup holder mod that goes in the Driver door. Was like plug and play. Well I recorded what the 2012 Ram 1500 4.7L single Exhaust with the the mufflex on it and tell you, the recording does not come close to the actual sound this dods18 has, give you an idea of the thunder this thing produces, check out the video how it vibrated due to the low sound vibe this thing gives off. The dods14 must vibrated the carp out everything if this 18 sounds like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIkO2GpY0A

Enjoy it, I am.

Thanks for looking everyone.

#51 ·
Its really nice when you floor it on the highway Fast, I met up with a dude this Friday and he has the mufflex dual dods18 setup on his, and we compared the sound with mine and tell you the single Mufflex dods18 is way louder then the dual. Also his was the Hemi, I got the 4.7, funny, must be cause the sound is only coming out of one hole. Just a heads up. Getting my Catchcan on monday, should install that up next week, Also got my prestige Audiovox Remote starter/security system, that's gonna be a big install. Also got my spray in anti-rust and undercoating from eastwood,. that also gonna be a day job, if not 2. Prob do that next weekend. if its not 2 hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.