DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Which rear end

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 ·
I've had my 2014 a week today and after reading some threads on here I got to wondering which rear end my truck has. So I grabbed the window sticker out of the glove box to take a look, and there's a lot of different info. So I thought I'd ask for an interpretation. So under where it says 6-Speed Automatic Transmission it has listed 3.55 rear axle ratio, but then right underneath says 3.92 rear axle ratio $50. Does that indicate that it has the 3.92 as an added option? I don't want to seem dumb, I guess I'm just making sure I think I'm reading it right. I've never had a brand new vehicle before this, so I've never really paid much attention to how the stickers read or what they mean... Also, is "Anti-Spin Differential" their wording for LSD? Thanks for any help and not mocking me too awful...

#2 · (Edited)
The 3.55 is probably mentioned because they usually list all standard equipment. If the optional 3.92 is listed then that's what you would have in your rearend. Also, if the optional "Anti-Spin Differential" is mentioned on the window sticker then you would also have that option on your truck. And yes, the "Anti-Spin Differential" is a LSD.

Everything above is just a guess.

#3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the help! I thought that seemed right but just wasn't sure. This is the first time I've ever been fortunate enough to get myself a brand new truck (Usually the wife gets the new cars), so I was just wanting to know exactly what I got. I'm super happy with my new truck and hope to have it for a long time :smiley_thumbs_up:

#4 ·
Look at your axle tag (driver's side rear axle) to be sure. Some trucks were known to have the incorrect ratio listed on their window sticker. Anti-spin differential means LSD, which are helical gear type as of 2013 as opposed to the clutch pack LSDs used before.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Whoa! You guys are awesome! Thanks for the help and direction. I'll climb under first thing in the morning and check out the tag now that I know it's there. I don't know or haven't heard much about the helical gear type, but will be doing some research very soon. Also, glad to hear about it as the reason I ditched my 04 was the clutch pack letting go twice in the diff within two years. Got nervous about a 3rd rebuild and let her go. I'm newly excited now. Thanks!

#11 ·
I was glad to not have clutch packs too.

Its been in the 80s the past few days. I'm not sure what you consider to be unbearably hot (I've lived here 15 years so I don't think its too bad until its over 100), but it'll probably be getting into the 90s by the time you get here. Its kind of that time of year where some days are nice and some are hot as it transitions to summer. It'll probably hit 100 in early May or so.

I'm getting orders soon, so I'll be out of here in less than a month to go to the Potomac East.

#12 ·
I've been stationed in Wyoming the last 10 of my 15 1/2 years in the Air Force, and summers here are dry and 90 is considered hot. Not to mention the snow starts early Sept and goes through late May here. So, the humidity mixed with 90's to 100's is blazing for me... That's ok, just curious if it was making up into that range yet. Good for you getting orders! I've been trying for a very long time and I'm just stuck. Some change should and would be nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.