DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Light static through AUX line in Radio. (14"Ram)

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  5.7L Paramedic 
#1 ·
Anyone have issues with mild static through there "AUX line in" for a cell phone. (MP3)?

I'm going to try the USB side and see if there is any on that line too but havn't gotten around to it yet....

Troubleshoot?

#3 ·
Yea, it still has noise. I wonder if its a cable issue. It's Monster cable MP3 cord. The sound is almost like a mild "White Noise" sound....If you can relate. And you can only hear it when the track music gets soft. weird. Kind of makes me think of a ground issue.....Maybe its the phone. Galaxy s4

#6 ·
Mine has it constantly. It drives me nuts. I've tried 3 different cords, multiple different phones, and turning the volume on the phone down with no success. I don't know if that means there's something that needs fixing or not, but for now I've given up and only listen to satellite cause I can't stand listening to the static.

#7 ·
I was able to fix it a little bit. Try turning the volume all the way up on your phone so you don't have to have your vehicle's stereo up so loud. Also, turn up the AUX volume through the audio setting on the vehicles radio. It's still there but at least not bad.....

The underlying problem has to be a ground issue. :4-dontknow: Maybe not....I had the same issue though in my trailblazer. It was like a soft hissing noise. Very faint but detectable when playing soft tunes.

Which Stereo do you have in your Ram?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.