DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Your trade in.. What did you get

6K views 55 replies 52 participants last post by  Willir2 
#1 ·
I just went from an 09 sport to a 14 sport.

My 09 was pretty well loaded.
I received $24,650 trade

This was an employee purchase.

See less See more
#7 ·
In the fall of 2012 I traded my 2010 Sport Crew Cab for a 2013 Raptor, got around 33000 for it on paper. I just traded that Raptor for a 2014 Laramie Lonestar Crew Cab and got 53000 "on paper". I do not consider that at all...it is the difference I care about. As I told the dealership, I don't care if they only give me 20000 for mine, if the price is 12000 on the Laramie. In this case I got the loaded Laramie and a check for $7870.00, which I feel is fair plus a better truck to boot.

#8 ·
I'm afraid to actually ask about mine, the dealer I've been talking with the most knows I might be trading and they seem willing to take it. It's a 95 Suburban C2500 with 205k on it and only the 5.4 in it. One of the dealer estimators gave a trade in of 750 bucks minus 450 for the mileage, I figured around 1000 on a VERY good day just to get me into a new truck but the $300 total was good for a laugh.

Should make some slightly low offers seem a little better compared to my truck, but then I've been pulled over by the cops 3 times pulling into my own neighborhood because of the truck. When they stop you for rolling through a YIELD sign, it's profiling an old truck and nice neighborhood. Two Gallardos, an R8 and CLK55 Black series on the other side of the square on the lakeside so an almost 20 year old stripped out Suburban is probably out of place.

#10 ·
2004 Ram Hemi 4x4 Laramie with every available option
125,000 miles
Rust on both bed sides above wheel wells starting to come through
Nasty rear end noise backing up in the morning

Aside from those few issue truck was mint and clean as could be......
$10,350 on trade when I picked out my 2014 Express

#14 ·
I got $2500 for my 2002 Honda Accord V6 Coupe with 152,000 miles on it.

#19 ·
Great topic !!

I am considering factory ordering a 2015 Eco Diesel in about 5 months & wondered how much i could get for my '09 Ram
This gives me a fair idea what it may be worth, but i will have to sell my '09 privately because i won't be able to give it to the dealership until about 2 or 3 months after i receive the 2015.

I just found out today that if Ram does not have a nice Orange paint, i will have to buy a Silver, White, or Black Ram. The Orange paint job will cover those colors the easiest & best.
New complete paint job could run as much as $7,000 !!

#21 ·
I got $4500 for my 2003 Kia Optima LX 4-cylinder 4 door with 80,000 miles.

#22 ·
Just a fair piece of advice to those working with a trade...check out carmax or some similar situation. I couldn't locally sell my 06 4Runner (nearly loaded, only thing was no 3rd row seat and v6 v. 8, 120k mi) since I still had lien on it with an out of state lender without great difficulty. Went to a couple dealerships and got offers ranging from the 7-9k range all the way down to one internet manager offering me "no more than 5k." I literally laughed at her. Walked into Carmax, skeptical, but in 30 minutes had an offer for 12k. Spent a week trying to locate next truck, went back and sold to them.

Sometimes that extra step is worth it.

#24 ·
Just a fair piece of advice to those working with a trade...check out carmax or some similar situation. I couldn't locally sell my 06 4Runner (nearly loaded, only thing was no 3rd row seat and v6 v. 8, 120k mi) since I still had lien on it with an out of state lender without great difficulty. Went to a couple dealerships and got offers ranging from the 7-9k range all the way down to one internet manager offering me "no more than 5k." I literally laughed at her. Walked into Carmax, skeptical, but in 30 minutes had an offer for 12k. Spent a week trying to locate next truck, went back and sold to them.

Sometimes that extra step is worth it.
Similar experience here. Had a 2010 F-150 with 14k miles. MSRP new was $37,770 and I paid $28,500 OTD. Was looking at getting an R/T. Dealer was offering $23k in trade, average of Blue Book and other sources said I should get $25k. On a whim I stopped into Carmax and they offered $28k...only $500 less than I had paid for it 50 months earlier.:smileup: Ordered and R/T and sold the Ford to Carmax the day before the 7 day written guarentee expired. Walked out with a cashiers check. Easy peasy.

#26 ·
I only got $13K for my 2013 Dart, but I was happy with that based upon KBB trade in and what other dealers offered me ($11K). They gave me the old line..."it's been customized"...blah blah, but then go on to say how good it looks?? I don't think it stayed on there lot too long. This is my favorite picture I have of it. My wife always HATED this car... :LOL:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.